Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find Maximum Delta airflow table???

Where to find Maximum Delta airflow table???

Hellow All,
    I just changed my tuning software to HP Tuner from LS2 Edit. I have a Supercharged C6 with N2O. We copied my tuning maps from LS2 Edit and installed it in a NEW ecm using HP Tuner. I'm having problems with the car throwing P0101 and P1514 codes. A friend wrote me the following email to try to help, but we can't seem to find these adjustment areas he suggests. I did check and my tuners version of HPT does not have the 2Bar upgrade, if this is what's holding us back I will buy it for him so we can get the car right. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks Jeremy

:Following email from friend:
    Good stuff, you swapped to HP Tuners.

Your PCM is constantly comparing the MAF airflow with that of the VE table calculated number. This is to check the MAF operation. For FI cars this can cause an issue because the VE table only runs to about 21 psi (105Kpa).

To fix this you can increase the Maximum Delta Airflow - P0101 Error table so that the airflow delta between what the MAF is reporting and the VE table is calculating can be larger and hence P0101 will not be set.

Go to: General Tabs/ Engine Diagnostics Sec./ Maximum Delta Air Flow; double the value or multiple the table by 2.

Are you still having issues with the "reduce engine power" - P1514 Error; double that value as well.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Big
    Hellow All,
    I just changed my tuning software to HP Tuner from LS2 Edit. I have a Supercharged C6 with N2O. We copied my tuning maps from LS2 Edit and installed it in a NEW ecm using HP Tuner. I'm having problems with the car throwing P0101 and P1514 codes. A friend wrote me the following email to try to help, but we can't seem to find these adjustment areas he suggests. I did check and my tuners version of HPT does not have the 2Bar upgrade, if this is what's holding us back I will buy it for him so we can get the car right. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks Jeremy

:Following email from friend:
    Good stuff, you swapped to HP Tuners.

Your PCM is constantly comparing the MAF airflow with that of the VE table calculated number. This is to check the MAF operation. For FI cars this can cause an issue because the VE table only runs to about 21 psi (105Kpa).

To fix this you can increase the Maximum Delta Airflow - P0101 Error table so that the airflow delta between what the MAF is reporting and the VE table is calculating can be larger and hence P0101 will not be set.

Go to: General Tabs/ Engine Diagnostics Sec./ Maximum Delta Air Flow; double the value or multiple the table by 2.

Are you still having issues with the "reduce engine power" - P1514 Error; double that value as well.
    please post your file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Foff,
    I'll call and have my tuner post it asap...
    Thanks...

Still waiting to hear back from my tuner. Until then can you tell me where I need to go in the software to adjust the tables for these codes P0101 and P1514???
    Thanks
    Jeremy

p.s. I'm only running 8psi...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    it would be under teh engine diagnostics tab probably under airflow.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what year C6?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    also whats odd is there is no P1514 code in the codes section of ANY 05-07 vette

also 05 vettes are the only ones with the 2 bar option as they are the E40 pcm...the E38 pcm is different & if all works out the stock OS should be able to deal with 2 & 3 bar all on its own.

foff,
    It's an '05, and I may be mis quoting the P1514 i thought that was the code, but I'm very sure about the P0101...
    Thanks Very Much for the help...
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    it would be under teh engine diagnostics tab probably under airflow.
    When we opened the "Dynamic Airflow" tab the screen was void of info, no numbers/tables, just blank... I just figured there was another "Delta airfow" tab somewhere. We're both brandnew to HPtuner, sorry for all the confusion...
    Jeremy

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    K, im looking at a stock 05 file now...what I can see is there is no P1514 code available in the DTC's section...as for the P0101 code there is a master enable/disable set of parameters but that looks to be it.

Your "friend" is probably an LS1 tuner rather then LS2 which are different adn have different tables...he's referring to tables that are in the LS1 computer.

so if we disable the P0101 will the MAF read higher than it is now??? I'm in the dark on how to get the MAF and VE tables to agree under boost so I can get past this gremlin... With LS2 edit it was fine, but we had a "Code buster" box from LPE on the car, the car started acting up because the code buster finally took a dump, (that took forever to figure out, because i didn't know it was even installed on the car) and now the switch to hptuner to get rid fo the magic box... So there's my long winded story... I know this is probably a very simple click of the mouse, but I'm getting tired of this 3 month long ordeal...
    Jeremy

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    your not going to be able to get the maf & VE to agree under boost lol its impossible...105kpa is 0psi of boost...once you go to 1psi your over what your stock VE table can deal with and it will just stay at the last line of 105kpa which is why many switch to the 2 bar SD system.

If you disable a code thats all your doing is disabling a code...your not changing what the maf sees.

gotcha... great, i'm still waiting on his email with the file...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    like I said im looking at the file as we speak so I know what it will have/wont have.

I have the file but not quite sure how to attach it, so here goes...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BTW you might wanna consider applying the maf patch at a minimum.

P1514 is the same as P0068, which you will see on the eng diag forms.
    I count sheep in hex...

Thanks for the Help Guys!!! Chris I'll have him check P0068. Foff, how do i apply the MAF patch??? Sorry I'm such a noob, the car has been undriveable for 3 months now and i was about to strip it and sell it until 2 days ago when we finally found light at the end of the tunnel... That's customer service guys, Thanks a TON for helping. I know you've seen this a thousand times before, but this one was ready for the trash heap, the frustration was about to get me...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    under the os tab just change from unpatched to patched & do a write entire.