Thread: 2013 Tahoe bucking and jerking

Tuner in Training

2013 Tahoe bucking and jerking

Tuning a 2013 Tahoe. Has a TSP 216/220 cam, LT's, Flex injectors (stock flex vehicle).

The issue is like it hitting a limiter but I have done several of these and basically turn off or raise the same things and never an issue. Doesnt matter if youre driving or parked and floor it. It just hangs and bangs somewhere between 4200-4500rpm. Drives around great. Just doesnt want to do anything wot or heavy throttle.

At first, we assumed a failing fuel pump cause the psi would drop to around 48psi and hang around that. Installed new pump. Same thing. Licensed the FPCM, made the changes, psi stays up but IDC, Cyl grams, and everything else still shoots up like a failing pump. These injectors should be plenty as the vehicle is on pump gasoline.

How would I go about testing the FPCM if I even can? It seemed to respond with FPCM change.

If you see something I could've possibly missed in the tune itself please point it out. I swear I've been over it at least 3 times lol.

Troy Berdan 2013 Tahoe-Stock or Previous Tune.hpt
    Troy Berdan 2013 Tahoe-Current Tuning.hpt
    Troys tahoe acting up medium to wot.hpl
    1999 Camaro SS #1601

1998 Z28 M6 cam/heads/bolt ons/9"

Advanced Tuner
    Your MAF looks jacked, very high numbers. Also your fuel pressure drops under WOT, take a look at Fuel Sys/Fuel Control Module/Pressure/Max Desired Pressure (FSCM 6994). Log Desired Fuel Pressure as well.
    Last edited by NotSure; 03-19-2021 at 07:48 AM.