Thread: Can someone help with tune?

Can someone help with tune?

Files attached, there's some nasty KR and I'm not sure what the best way is to fix it.

The tuning runs awesome and pulls really hard otherwise.

ChrisJ, this is mostly your old tune... just trying to tweak it to work on mine It's my daily driver so I'm trying to get this dialed in asap.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Lucky13MN; 11-19-2006 at 08:05 AM.
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E
    Z06 Cam, S&B Intake, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, LS1 Fans, Tuned with HP Tuners.
    Current Best: 14.92 @ 93mph

Advanced Tuner
    I had to get the fueling right to get rid of that KR. Do you have a wideband? Set your PE to 12.8 straight across and get that dead on and see if it doesnt go away, then set the Pe to where you want it. I will send you another timing table to try, its a bit different, but I think it will work well for you, it uses the AFR adder instead of having it zeroed out like the one I sent you. I have just had better luck using it on trucks.
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Hey thanks man!

No wideband here

I'll try it and post the results. If I could just get rid of the KR I'd be happy, everything else seems to ROCK.
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E
    Z06 Cam, S&B Intake, JBA Headers, Magnaflow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, LS1 Fans, Tuned with HP Tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    I will post the last tune I did in the morning. Get the main spark tables, AFR adder table, and the PE tables over. Also check the min spark advance table. Those are just a few things I changed to get more timing and no KR.

Find that baby yet?
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E

Advanced Tuner
    its coming......wait on it......wait on it.......here you go!!

Advanced Tuner
    Man I was just looking at your log, do me a favor, run this tune straight up as it is, then send me a log and I will adjust it a little. Take the log after running it for a day or few. I have seen it take a bit more timing after being run for a day or so. I think the PE and timing is a bit different between these two tunes. I just want to see the differences in fueling and KR between our trucks, this tune was perfect on mine.

Will do man, and thank you for your help... I'll upload it this weekend and post a log file next week some time.

I know our trucks are/were pretty similar (Z06 cam, etc). No tranny mods for me yet but I'm sure it's coming up quick lol.

Thanks Chris!
    2001 Silverado Z71 4x4
    5.3 with Stock 4L60E