Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice with pulling out some fuel

Advanced Tuner

Need some advice with pulling out some fuel

Vehicle is an 05 GTO with a custom ATI system making 7.5 psi of boost. Components are AFR 225's, Comp Cam 224/224 and .581/.581 lobe sep at 115.5, ported FAST intake, and headers. The car had great AFR's under WOT with just the basic setup. After the install I ran it for a boost check and AFR report. I knew the AFR would go rich because of the loss of compression due to larger chambered heads. The injectors I run are SVT 42 lbs. I pulled the PE table to .100 and the car is still in the high 10's. Attached is a dyno report and the current tune, any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

517 whp run is with old tune, just a boost check. The other run is with fuel pulled out between 2k and 5k rpm's. That's as lean as I could get it under WOT.
    Last edited by HoP; 11-17-2006 at 10:45 PM.

Post your scan log showing the commanded afr and the wideband afr. Your pe table is commanding a 14.7 afr till 5000 rpm, then 8.4 afr by 6750 rpm. It looks like your open loop table is in control of the commanded afr (Open Loop IVT Gain vs IVT vs Map) And set the pe delay & enable rpm to 0 rpm.

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    COT is still enabled...thats more then likely one of the issues.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Thankyou Russ and foff667. This was an original tune supplied by Procharger for their kit Russ you where mentioning the IVT gain table, I assume I should set all these values to 0 so when PE is enabled at WOT the PCM will not look at the IVT gain and instead just look at the PE Table for the suggested multiplier for the commanded AFR. I'm about to head down to the shop and throw her back on the dyno to log some data and hopefully get this whacked tune in check. No wonder the system was throwing lean fuel trim codes and so forth Thanks again fellas.

No, you want to set the IVT table to .1000, because the open loop tables are multiplied together to = 1.00. These tables are also used at part throttle. So if you enter 0, your EQ ratio will be 0 not 1.

Note that you still need to have a richer EQ ratio for cold starts. And disable the COT!

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Russ just found a thread where you where talking about the four tables to adjust. Then after the tables are adjusted use the IVT table and condition it sparingly. Yes I did disable COT, pffft procharger thanks guys Attached is the new tune if you can take a quick looksy. I re-adjusted the injector table to the new ifr when plugged into the spreadsheet from redhardsupra. I changed the IGT table to 1.000 and the PE table to 1.200 to show what I hope will be /12.25 under WOT. Anyways off to the shop to verify, I will post up a report in a few hours. I really appreciate your time with this Russ.
    Last edited by HoP; 11-18-2006 at 03:39 PM.

I think you will have to set the IVT table to .100 several more columns lower than 205*F as this table is referenced to intake valve temp, not ECT!

You could set the whole IVT table to .1000 and then set the min EQ ratio table up for the cold start enrichment.

Russ kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Got the IVT table set to .1000. The car still has the AFR on the floor. Trying to bring the PE table down from 1.200 hoping this brings out the fuel. Seems doubtfull though. Some reason the PCM wants to command a AFR lower than what I have it set to.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    log your commanded afr

Advanced Tuner
    The options for logging cmd afr is not available to me. It's black when you ask to use it, rather than blue.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    dunno...I've been able to log it in the table display for months now on every LS2 I've touched

Advanced Tuner
    I was trying to view the data in the chart, rather the table. Here is the commanded afr through all 4 gears with a pull.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    "Any gauges, charts or histograms opened will require the parameter to be listed in the table display for functionality."

straight from the help file

Advanced Tuner
    Some reason that log did not show the afr here it is.

Also you need to log MAF Airflow HZ so the MAf AFR histograms will work. Don't see a wideband. I assume your using the one from the dyno. This will not make for easy Maf tuning. Still don't see the commanded AFR.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the log with MAF Hz added.

Why is your commanded AFR 14.4 at wot? You need to log ECT position%, not TPS SAE to get 100% at wot.

Russ kemp

Advanced Tuner
    In theory based on the inputs I have made to all four divisor tables (OL gas, airflow, ITG and IVT the commanded AFR should be 14.7. Now with the PE table set to 1.200 the final AFR under WOT if I understand so far should be 14.7/1.200 = 12.25. Now why the commanded AFR is 14.40 is beyond me. Even if lets say for sake of argument that the commanded AFR is indeed 14.40 why is it not leaning out under WOT? On the dyno the AFR is like it is on my first post.........on the floor 10.1. If I'm commanding a leaner mixture obviously my goal is to pull fuel out, why it's not pulling out I have no idea. Now keep in mind this was a botched tune from procharger, I'm unable to open his stock tune since I downloaded the new 2.1.14 patch.
    If I continue pulling fuel from the PE table eg. instead of a value of 1.200 make it .800 it will go leaner but only to 11.1 and that is not good enough. The car has the "blue giant" injectors and I know they aren't like have having 60's in it. So attached is the final tune before the fumes where making me halucinate. I'm almost thinking of decreasing the value of the IVT table lower than it is in hopes that it offsets the PE table.

Just looked at your last tune. I see that your stoich afr is set to 14.3501, so that would explain the 14.4 commanded afr when not in pe. Keep in mind that the car only uses the open loop tables when in open loop. So disable closed loop to see what the commanded afr is when not in pe. The commanded pe should be 11.958 (14.3501/1.20). You want to change your stoich afr to 14.7. This will make for a 12.25 commanded afr in pe, and 14.7 when not in pe.

The car must be entering pe since the STFT is 0 at wot. There must be a problem with the commanded afr pid, as obviously the car is most likely commanding a 11.958 afr at wot. Your maf table then needs to be lowered to lean the wot afr. I would contact support about this issue.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I originally had the stoich AFR set to 14.69 so that during cruise it would be normal, and under wot when in PE it would be 12.25. The problem is that it will not see 12.25. What would cause this rich condition is the mystery. I did set the stoich afr to 14.35 because of the cam and heads on the car. Having it set to 14.69 would exhibit an AFR reading of 15.5+ AFR while driving. During part throttle cruise it like's to be in the low 14's . Even though, it still does not explain why under WOT when the car is "supposed" to be in open loop why it is not leaning out. My question is this, the stoich table is broken up into percentages. Should the value at 100% be something other than the value of 14.7?
    Last edited by HoP; 11-19-2006 at 01:21 AM.