Thread: 03 5.9 MPI (Dakota RT)

Tuner in Training

03 5.9 MPI (Dakota RT)

Quick, hopefully easy question to answer. I found a Grand Cherokee 5.9 tune from supposed MOPAR PERFORMANCE PCM, injector offsets and other items are different but from what I read a 5.9 is 5.9..

Would I be able to copy/paste all the PERFORMACE PCM values into my non-MOPAR PERFORMANCE PCM and poof...have a performance pcm clone to I have a better base line to learn tuning this weird dodge pulsewidth way? I come from gen3 LS tuning so these table are not what I'm used to.

Thanks all!
    Life is short, have fun and go fast! DONT WORRY!

1964 C10 6.0/T56 - Twin Turbo in works
    1984 Z28 LS1/T56
    2003 Dakota RT - Long tubes true dual all the way

Potential Tuner
    Watching as I have the same question and am not sure of the exact differences.

Tuner in Training
    From what I have been reading is the only difference between 5.9 magnums through out the years were the exhaust manifolds and pipes downstream along with different pcms. If I am understanding properly then that means the INJECTORS are the same...Why are the offsets different in the performance pcm? I will be installing a wide band if it ever gets above freezing around here but would love the added power from a performance tune by cheating with COPY/PASTE

1984 Z28 LS1/T56

Quote Originally Posted by 89ls1 View Post
    Quick, hopefully easy question to answer. I found a Grand Cherokee 5.9 tune from supposed MOPAR PERFORMANCE PCM, injector offsets and other items are different but from what I read a 5.9 is 5.9..

Would I be able to copy/paste all the PERFORMACE PCM values into my non-MOPAR PERFORMANCE PCM and poof...have a performance pcm clone to I have a better base line to learn tuning this weird dodge pulsewidth way? I come from gen3 LS tuning so these table are not what I'm used to.

Thanks all!
    Yea you can do it. I used that same performance tune and put it on my Grand Cherokee 5.2 and put in 93 octane and it was great. nice improvement part and full throttle.
    2002 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T reg cab
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/170stat
    365rwhp & 365ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 12.4@110mph

1998 Pontiac TransAm Ws6
    Heads/Cam/Stall/Suspension/Tires/160stat
    422rwhp & 400ft-lbs
    1/4 mile: 11.6@116mph

2006 Chrysler 300c Srt8
    Whipple 6.5psi/HHP Stage 2 Heads-Cam/Borla/88mmTB/180stat
    580rwhp & 490ft-lbs
    never drag raced

2009 Dodge Viper
    Mopar Performance Race Exhaust & PCM

Tuner in Training
    Alright, today I went ahead and copied the tune over, runs great. Did some logging on LTFT & STFT I'm within 3% of 0, have not attached my wideband yet so can't get accurate view on the fueling but smells good and runs good.

Since these things are tuned with pulse width where would the best resource for tuning info be? So I can make the appropriate PIDS and start logging properly to tweak every ounce of power from this tired 5.9 magnum. Thanks!!

1984 Z28 LS1/T56

89ls1 -Can you attach the MOPAR performance PCM file? I want to compare to the JGC file. Thanks.