Thread: Injector tuning help

Tuner in Training

Injector tuning help

99 TA
    6.0 bore 30 over
    243 heads with valve spring upgrades
    LS6 intake with stock size throttle body, 72mm I believe
    BTR stage 2 turbo camMy 1999 TA MAF tuneing #6 back to stock injector values.hpt
    TH350 RMVB with brake, no engine braking

I tuned the car with the stock 20 something injectors and it ran like a raped ape up to 4000 RPMs then fell on its face, injectors were maxed out. Installed a set of 72s and adjusted the injector tuning with the values supplied by FIC. Now the idle is horrible, stumbles on tip in, and runs extremely lean. I'm lost.

I know that I have missed something blatantly obvious but can't find it. Can one of you excellent gentlemen/ladies look at this tune and tell me what I've missed. I know its injector related because she was dead on prior to the injector change. Just cant find my issue.

I currently have the tune setup for MAF tuning.

The tune has the MAF fail at 0hz, so that is not right if you are trying to run the MAF.

The MAF curve is rough, it's not smooth at all. You still have to retune it with a wideband when you switch injectors.

Your open loop EQ ratio is setup wrong, it needs to go left to right and no north to south. Read the table. As coolant temp rises it needs to return to stoich and not get richer as the MAP kpa increases. Look at a stock tune to compare with.

Which FIC and can you post the data here? There is fuel injector clinic and fuel injector connection.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Fuel Injector Clinic. Yes, I was messing around with stuff trying to get it to idle correctly. The MAF table is all screwed up right now. I'm new at this stuff, its only my third tune and the first time messing with the fuel injectors.

I've linked the chart. its a P01 ECU.

Its faulting out when I try to link the injector data. below is the link.

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/hptuners0775

You should post the tune you made with the FIC injector data and a log file of it running with that data.

The tune you posted has stock values for injector data besides the flow rate being wrong.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Other than the normal parameters, anything special you need to see on the log?

Tuner in Training
    Added the injector tuning
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Corrected the MAF fail issue, yea I completely missed that. Smoothed the MAF a bit and corrected the open loop EQ ratio.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Well, its certainly not running lean any longer. Time for some runs to correct this Maf tune.My 1999 TA MAF tuneing base #1.hptMy 1999 TA MAF tuneing base #1.hpl

Make sure to put the open loop EQ ratio to 1.00 for coolant temps above 140 degrees. You can't tune for stoich if the open loop table isn't asking for stoich at operating temps.