Thread: E38 07 escalade copy to e38 V6 impala

Tuner in Training

E38 07 escalade copy to e38 V6 impala

I copied my tune off of my E38 escalade to a friend of mine E38 ECU which was from an impala v6 so he could get his crate ls3 motor running for tuner. after coping the tune I ran my motor on the v6 ECU and it ran fine. Now I have not took my truck for a final tune because it is in the paint shop so they could be an issue. The tuner say that it will not open the throttle body up all the way and is putting the motor in a limp mode because it is a v6 ECU. I check the tune that I put on his ECU and it was changed to a 6.2 V8 and it had transfer all my info on to it. Is there anything that I missed? Thanks Norm

You probably have to flash the computer with a V8 OS with a GM MDI tool. Just copying over the V8 data isn't going to be good enough, the base file/OS on the computer must be a V8.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

screenshot.06-02-2019 19.53.32 numbered.png

In a Gen4 ECM, the electronic throttle controls live in segments 7 & 8, which DO NOT EVEN EXIST in a HPT file. A V6 Impala and a V8 Escalade use different throttle hardware - the two hidden segments in the Impala operating system do not know what to do with the Escalade APP & throttle body it now finds itself connected to.

It's likely there are software-assignable pinout differences between the two platforms, too, that can only be corrected by properly flashing the base OS with dealer-type tools.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I get a V8 e38.