Thread: Help with speed density try and wont go into closed loop

Help with speed density try and wont go into closed loop

got a truck come in without a maf sensor and does have an iat in the intake with 80lb dekas.
    havent been able to get it into closed loop. they wired both ho2s to bank 1 and installed on downpipe.
    readings on ho2 dont really fluctuate much they stay around 450mv. any ideas guys ill post the tune to see if im over looking anything?
    havent really messed much with maf less system any advise is greatly appreciated.2000 silverado 78mm 80lb deka 3 bar.hpt.
    oh and the readings on the map sensor are still on stock even though the os for 3 bar has been applied, he is waiting on the map sensor to get here
    so for now running the stock. would that do it?

The ~450mv is a default they go to if they are unplugged or have a wiring/power issue with them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The ~450mv is a default they go to if they are unplugged or have a wiring/power issue with them.
    Yes no matter what they seem to stay at 450ish. I?ll check the wiring and get back. Thank you

Wired in a new ho2 sensor and the reading started slowly climbing up then within a minute or so they where fluctuating good around 800mv then all of a sudden back to 447mv to 443mv. Can?t throttle the truck starts hesitating heavy. Can barely get out of first gear and it?s sputtering. 🤔 VE table hasn?t really been touched. Not sure what else could be causing this.

Then tune it in open loop with a wideband until you can figure out why the o2 sensors aren't working.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Then tune it in open loop with a wideband until you can figure out why the o2 sensors aren't working.
    Okay I?m gonna give that a try this weekend, thank you I?ll keep you posted.

well installed the 3bar map from efi source and programmed it with the readings they provide and everything is working now.
    only problem im having is i cant log the afr error on my scanner. i even purchased a new layout that included it for gen 3s but it aint working.
    i built one step by step and still nothing. i see the graph logo has like a red outline and wont read any data. all the other ones work well such as long term and short
    along with spark and retard graphs.

Potential Tuner
    Sounds like your 02's still aren't being read, do you get any readout from the direct sensor input at PCM?
    How about your MAF failover at 0hz to force closed/open loop?