Thread: New to tuning 2015 Silverado 2500 6.0

Potential Tuner

New to tuning 2015 Silverado 2500 6.0

I just replaced my cam with a summit racing cam 209 intake/217 exhaust with a 550 lift in my 2015 Silverado with the 6.0L. I also did the VVT delete and was wondering where to start with tuning. I just purchased the MPVI2 and raised up my idle to help smooth the idle but looking to unleash some more power and torque I am very green and trying to learn as much as possible

Post your tune file here, want to take a peak at it.

Potential Tuner
    VVT,DELETE.hpt

I think this is it
    Last edited by jeremysmith71; 12-30-2020 at 09:53 PM.

I'm a green tuner, but a 34 year diesel mechanic....
    First learn how to set up your scanner to log the proper parameters...
    Then learn to log graphs
    Then learn how to dial a MAF Tune (I did my first with o2 sensors, so closed loop, no Power Enrichment)
    Then learn how to dial MAF in in Open Loop using a wideband.
    Once you have that you will be ready to dial VVE (I played with VVE closed loop MAF fail, no harm in that, but wideband is best)

It is alot to take in... Its all about learning how all the tables and modifiers work togather. And the better technology gets, the more complicated it gets...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Run 89 octane fuel in that truck and get power enrichment to kick in way sooner. It's basically disabled on those heavy duty trucks for emissions, towing, fuel economy reasons.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.