Thread: LQ9 elect LS2 TB swap, IAC, effective area, etc?

LQ9 elect LS2 TB swap, IAC, effective area, etc?

411 PCM. Originally a smaller electronic throttle body, but have done an intake upgrade and simple rewire to use an LS2 throttle body with the existing TAC and pedal (similar to LS1 Corvettes that do a similar upgrade).

There are several tables and values in regards to IAC counts and effective areas. What all should be modified, and what to? I looked at LS2 files, but it was almost apples vs oranges. I’m just afraid I’ll get all my injector info right, cam tweaks made for initial startup, etc., and just end up chasing my tail because of the new throttle body. Maybe the computer is smart enough to adjust to give me time to log and tweak, but I am unsure what I should start with.

Thanks.

What is a "LS2 file"? Since depending on year/platform the LS2 was used with E40, E67, & E38...

A 2005 Vette with E40 would be the least different from Gen3 stuff, while E38s are like trying to read alien hieroglyphics.

Good point. I think the file I looked at may have been a 2005 GTO. I think that would’ve been E40. I can look at others for sure, but wondered what all needs touched in the Gen 3 tune and what can stay.