Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help 2011 camaro L99 with 6l80 trans standalone in hot rod

"Standalone logging" means recording a logfile to the internal memory of the MPVI2 without a laptop present. It has nothing to do with logging, on a standalone-ECM in a swap vehicle. Nothing. Same sorta language, two totally different things.

Tuner in Training
    ok, that makes more sense. i was thinking one hade nothing to do with the other. still never got answer on why would it stop working when starter engages considering log works fine on all my other vehicles. but i guess one step at a time. fix log, next get injectors to fire all the time.

1) why would the log work tell you try to starter engagement?????

2) why would the injectors stope firing after start?????

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1956 Tri Five View Post
    ok, that makes more sense. i was thinking one hade nothing to do with the other. still never got answer on why would it stop working when starter engages considering log works fine on all my other vehicles. but i guess one step at a time. fix log, next get injectors to fire all the time.

1) why would the log work tell you try to starter engagement?????

2) why would the injectors stope firing after start?????
    You are likely losing power to the switched 12V wire to the harness during cranking. That will cause it not to start and will also cause the datalog to stop.
    In order to test this, just run the switched 12V wire to a toggle switch and bypass the ignition switch altogether.

Tuner in Training
    correct me if I'm wrong, when you lose power to the switched power 12v you should lose spark and fuel pump. they are still working. i even pined out the computer to run a direct 12v power to see if that would work. im thinking it has to be the computer. if anyone has a l99 standalone tune on what need to be removed so i can compare would be awesome.

Who applied the 2-bar custom OS? Why?

Was the MAP sensor changed when the custom OS was applied? If not the MAP data is wrong. Applying the 2-bar modification automatically changes the MAP settings from what they were, to a default of linear=200.00 offset=10.34. If the original MAP is still in place, those should be changed back to stock settings of linear=128.13 offset=-0.31.

When the custom OS was applied, did you do a write-entire? Did you follow the instructions for the OS change, EXACTLY? i.e. apply the patch, DO NOT CHANGE ANY VALUES ANYWHERE FOR ANYTHING, save as new filename, then do a write-entire? It's always best, after the file is written to the ECM for the first time, to then do a new read, and save THAT file to be used as your baseline going forward.

I could keep going but life is too short. This is a clusterfuck and you need a professional with pro-level wiring diagrams and pinouts to get this disaster sorted out.