Thread: 07 LS7 Start up / idle NW 103 throttle body issue

Potential Tuner

07 LS7 Start up / idle NW 103 throttle body issue

I am currently working on 2007 Corvette with the LS7 and had to upgrade the throttle body from 102mm (generic brand) to 103 mm Nick Williams. The throttle body was changed out because the throttle blade was grinding into the throttle bore causing the car to set codes and go into limb mode. NOTE : First time posting!

The current issue I have is hard starting/ if it starts it hunts for approximately 15- 20 seconds. I had to do something I have never have done before to get it to run this good and that was change the ETC area scalar to 3800

Things I have adjusted- start up airflow, air flow final minimum, cranking fuel, start up / cranking spark, ETC area scalar

Does all this non sense go ahead with stock TB?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Does all this non sense go ahead with stock TB?
    I don't know that I am answering your question.

I have tried inputting stock TB size of 4725 but starting was more difficult. I read somewhere the Nick Williams 103 TB flows the same for the first 11-15% as the stock TB. So I tried that and I didn't have much success.

Tuner
    Sounds like you need to dial in your VVE table to get a steady idle. After that you should be good to tune for the added airflow, driveability etc.