Thread: NOOB P0171, P0174, & P219B help

Tuner in Training

NOOB P0171, P0174, & P219B help

Hi all,
    2011 Silverado 5.3 with original 6 speed swapped into 86 C10.

I originally had it tuned by a "tuner" and was not satisfied. When it was tuned, I did have the original air intake with a little modification for a cone filter as the OG filter box was sold when I bought the engine. I do not remember if this code was present at that time.

Eventually I make my own intake with AirAid universal kit and a MAF housing to go with. I believe this is why I have these codes but not sure. I have checked for leaks and do not think I have any. The front vacuum is blocked, the side one is connected for the AC vacuum, and the brake booster one. I have gotten decent at tuning the transmission, but have no clue on the engine side and need some help.

I am not asking for any secrets or anything, just want to permanently clear these codes. can someone please hep me out?

final w time set to .5.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    The P0171 and P0174 DTCs indicate that both Oxygen Sensors are reading a lean condition - and that the ECM has added the maximum amount of fuel allowed - which may not be enough to actually reach stoichiometry.

The P219B DTC is related to an Air / Fuel imbalance from Bank 2. Surprised that you do not also have a P219A DTC being set.

Building a custom air intake system, also requires a custom tune for the MAF Sensor calibration.

It is probable, that once you tune the MAF Sensor calibration, the DTCs will cease to be set. This assumes that you do not have any exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks, or any otherwise unmetered air reaching the engine, and that the Fuel Injector data is correct.
    Last edited by Jon S.; 12-06-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Also that he is running 58psi of fuel pressure too. Without the fuel pump control module you want a steady pressure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I was able to bring them down a lot by adjusting MAF.

Will work on it more when I can.cold start.hpl

Tuner in Training
    So, after making more adjustments to MAF I was able to bring everything down with a few hot spots for rich or lean. Can someone look and let me know if I am headed in the right direction?test 3.5.hpl

Thanks!

You'll need a wideband oxygen to fully dial everything in. Outside of closed loop you have no idea what the fueling really is. It may be commanding 11.0 but it could be leaner or richer than that.

And 11.0 is fat for a NA engine.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks 5FDP. I am guessing HP Tuners does not do wideband? I am still learning.

Tuner in Training
    Never mind, I see they do. Dang, another thing to buy.

Being that it's a 2011 engine/computer I'd use the AEM OBD2 wideband, it's super simple to run because it uses the CAN-BUS system on the computer. I use one in my Silverado with no issues at all.