Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Performance Mode Switch Option

I honestly don't know how many made it there, I was wondering if they were US made or AU made. But I sure would like a set of the headlights, but they just point the wrong way.... I have a few VIN's that I scrounged up on the net some time back.

Can you look them up with a VIN?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSlow1
    can this not be done on a 98 computer ?

I do not have a option of selecting performance switch 1 or switch 2 unlike the newer computers.

If this is the case, the "performance" charts mean nothing to me then, right ?
    anybody ??

i want to do this... but it looks like my connector (blue) is numbered 1-16... No ABC and no 71.

the connector IS going to be under the dash (kick panel) on a 2000 model WS-6 Trans Am, correct?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I've been wanting to do this mod for a long time.

Senior Tuner
    No, you want the ECM that is in the Engine Compartment, on the passenger's side by the hood hinge. This is for an F-Body, trucks and other passenger vehicles will vary on location of the ECM.

Tuner in Training
    has anyone figured how to know wire up a led to let you know you are in performance shift. i tried to get it to work like in post 7 but no luck.

Tuner in Training
    I was looking at the options for the switch and I know what the: no switch, one switch, and class 2 options are for, but what does the two switch option do/or is used for

Potential Tuner
    According to EFILIVE, "Two switches" adds the ability to add a switch connected to pin 31 on the BLUE connector to enable the "manual mode" shift tables in addition to the switch at pin 71 on the BLUE connector to enable "performance mode".

Potential Tuner

98 Corvette Performance Mode Switch

I have a 98 Corvette Automatic. I was going to add a momentary push button to enable Performance Mode transmission shift points. When I pulled the PCM connectors off, there is a wire already in position 71 on the blue connector. I bought the wiring diagrams for the vehicle and it shows pin 71 is "TAC SER DATA". Is there a different pin used on the 98 Corvette PCM? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by custosonlinux
    I've found the attached picture in a camaro forum (sorry I don't remember the Link)

maybe we can adapt the information to our PCMs wires?

here's the link you were referring to.. the individual who did the write-up advised that it was for 94-95 fbodies.
    http://www.z28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4764

has anyone successfully tried this?

Tuner in Training
    with a little help from jose (6speedterror) who has done this, i have also done this and have a few pictures...
    basically, remove the plastic cover from the top pcm harness and loosen the middle bolt.
    the top harness piece then comes off and you can take a closer look and find "71" which did not have a wire (on my 99 camaro ss pcm as well as 6speedterror's). i just poked a hole through the yellow rubber membrane with a paper clip and ran a wire through.
    i then bolted the harness right back on, ran the wire through the firewall.
    i have a momentary switch that connects to random metal that one of the dash pieces connect to.
    after doing this, hitting the button, "Trans Shift Mode" PID changes from "Normal Shift" to "Perf Shift" and acts just as you program the performance trans tables.
    i have this setup for canyon carving where i don't want transmission hunting for gears while feathering the gas around tight corners.

Tuner in Training
    hi all,
    any word on the 99+ 5.3 tow/haul button? im itch'n to do this as is everyone thats swapped a 5-3 into some other car. im glad i have everything working on this hauus! thanks
    clint

Tuner in Training custosonlinux's Avatar
    Hello,

I've installed the Switch in my 99 Corvette.
    Installation is a little bit tricky, because I had to create a new Pin for the connector which fits into the housing and the pins of the PCM.
    Then I had to lay the new wire into the center console.
    This console has the new switch by the existing Active Handling Button.

Works awesome! I've created a tranny setup for manual shifting each gear in the performance mode.

Sounds good - thanks for getting back with all the good f-body info! I'll put the switch in my ashtray next to my cutout switch and post up a pic or two whenever the car stays clean for a few hours.

Potential Tuner
    Good stuff, but i'm guessing i'm out of luck with my 98 z28 or can i still do this?

Potential Tuner
    Anybody, who needs PCM pins just email me and I will try to send you 1 or 2. I work for a GM dealership and have a harness or 2 laying around. So I have some pins laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    as far as i know the PCM uses class 2 to communicate the current mode to the cluster so it turns the lamp on. I don't see a wire on any diagrams i have.

keeping the switch widget in sync with the PCM would be harder than it sounds i think
    Hi, as my performance switch is working very well, I'm now looking for a solution to show the current mode to the driver.

Is there an idea how to connect a kind of LED to the PCM to show the performance mode of the tranny ?

My intent is to use a button with an indication LED on it for the performance button.

Any ideas?

Another question: Has anyone tried to set the Perf. Option to "Two Switches" instead of "One Switch".

What would happen if I change this in that way?

kind regards

Birger

Update: I'm working on an electronic circuit for showing the current state of the transmission mode. The circuit is ready for testing and will be build into two corvettes this weekend.

I'll keep you informed about the test results.

Kind regards

Birger

Starting to look but not having any luck finding. Anyone know if this is possible with the colorado/canyon trucks or know where I can find information on pins and maybe lucky "71"? The OS already has performance tables built in, just no switch. Also compared them to the normal tables and some are indeed different.
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids