Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Performance Mode Switch Option

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCNDAV View Post
    V8osaure made a latching circuit:
    http://www.camaro-firebird.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=20489

Too bad it's in French. Can any body translate? Babel Fish doesnt do it clean enough.
    It won't let me view this because I'm not a member. And I don't speak french so I can't figure it out. Can someone that has the info post it in here for the rest of us. Thanks
    Kevin

Daily Driver: 03 Chevy Crew Cab S10, Zr5 (4.3/4L60e)

Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup (Vortec 454/4L80e) It likes gas, lots and lots of gas.
    Toy 1: 87 Camaro Iroc Z28, (soon to be TPI w vortec 0411 pcm/ T56).
    Toy 2: 98 BMW R1100R

Loud Pipes make people smile!

Advanced Tuner
    arise and lets figure out this answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengeance View Post
    Back from the dead....

Has anyone found a way to wire a LED to indicate "performance on"?

Thanks.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone figured out how to turn an LED on yet in performance mode? I have a performance mode switch and harness out of a 95 Firebird, although I realize this probably wouldn't help on a LS1 car.
    Also I'm doing this on a 99 Vette will I still use the J1-71 pin on the PCM? Or is that only on f-bodies?

Bringing this back up.

I have a customer with HCI LS1 (2000 truck ECU) and he wants to be able to manually shift the trans. I have tuned the trans to run great in Drive, but he also wants to be able to shift it manually and hold gears longer if he likes.

Is the performance switch something that will have to be done or can I use the Upshift/downshift D2 for 2nd and 3rd for this???

Currently if he tries to leave it in 1st it will automatically upshift to 2nd without him doing so.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Back from the dead again lol. Any answers to the above questions?
    Last edited by monte4ever; 09-10-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Lets bump this thread a little, and finally with some results!

I went ahead and followed the french instructions mentioned earlier in this thread to build this circuit, and it works like a charm! (surprisingly )

Here is the french circuit diagram
    Original french thread

And this is my version of it:

Quote Originally Posted by einarak View Post
    Lets bump this thread a little, and finally with some results!

I went ahead and followed the french instructions mentioned earlier in this thread to build this circuit, and it works like a charm! (surprisingly )

Here is the french circuit diagram
    Original french thread

And this is my version of it:
    would you be willing to share the wiring diagram with me?

The link to the wiring diagram is at the bottom of post #30 in this thread .... you may want to read the entire thread.

Tuner in Training
    Hate reviving this old thread yet again... But... Was there ever any discovery made on the ability to use the "Economy Mode" transmission tables in the 98-99 Vortec BlackBox PCM's that didn't use a BCM?

Tuner in Training
    Good Day
    Would I need to make the ps mode work for a manual trans?
    Ls swoped into a manual pickup. (P01 pcm)
    What changes happen during this mode with the pcm?
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frans View Post
    Good Day
    Would I need to make the ps mode work for a manual trans?
    Ls swoped into a manual pickup. (P01 pcm)
    What changes happen during this mode with the pcm?
    Thanks
    I don't think it would do anything for a manual.
    When the switch is activated, it uses a different table for shift points.

Tuner in Training
    Thank You Rocndav

Potential Tuner
    Time to bring this one back from the dead for Halloween

I have a 2001 Silverado ECM (Red/Blue). I want to use the tow/haul performance mode. I have a momentary switch to ground wired to pin 71 on the blue connector. In VCM Editor, under Trans/Shift General I have Perf Option set to One Switch.

Nothing happens when the button is pressed. I have checked all my wiring all the way to the ECM pin. I tried grounding the wire 6" from the ECM. I am monitoring in VCM Scanner using the Trans Performance channel, it always says No.

I tested the wire going to pin 71 and it's putting out 12v. I'm assuming it's some sort of pull-up resistor so it's monitoring for ground. Is this normal? Do I have a bad ECM? Everything else works fine.

Thanks for any tips.

-Beau
    Last edited by Beau M; 10-15-2021 at 10:22 PM.

transperf.jpg

It might not actually say anything in the scanner. I can't recall mine ever saying "yes" or whatever.

But it definitely works. Try setting the performance trans map wayyyy different from the normal map and see whether it shifts different when you momentary to ground.

This and torque management are my favorite features in the OEM ecu. Aftermarket stand-alone seem useless compared to this simple idea

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau M View Post
    Time to bring this one back from the dead for Halloween

I have a 2001 Silverado ECM (Red/Blue). I want to use the tow/haul performance mode. I have a momentary switch to ground wired to pin 71 on the blue connector. In VCM Editor, under Trans/Shift General I have Perf Option set to One Switch.

Nothing happens when the button is pressed. I have checked all my wiring all the way to the ECM pin. I tried grounding the wire 6" from the ECM. I am monitoring in VCM Scanner using the Trans Performance channel, it always says No.

I tested the wire going to pin 71 and it's putting out 12v. I'm assuming it's some sort of pull-up resistor so it's monitoring for ground. Is this normal? Do I have a bad ECM? Everything else works fine.

Thanks for any tips.

-Beau

Did you ever figure anything out?? I've been having the same problem and tried everything you tried and nothing seems to change. I'm at a loss on it. I'm sure I'm missing something easy.

Potential Tuner
    Someone know about the J1-31 (Two Switch) manual mode?