Thread: JTEC+ fuel sync?

Tuner in Training

JTEC+ fuel sync?

Does the scanner have the capability to read the sync value? Really hoping it will.

Scanner will not currently scan the vehicle. It will connect, but won't scan.

Tuner in Training
    I can't say for sure on fuel sync, but I think the answer is no.

Make sure you're using Beta. The normal version won't scan or tune JTEC yet. I've made the mistake of opening the normal version several times and wondering why it wouldn't scan haha.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I might try that.

The fuel sync output would be a tremendous feature to add.

The latest version of the editor reads and writes perfectly. The scanner connects and acts like it is going to work, but the start scanning button does nothing.

what year? 0n my 1996 scanner dont work whit same year ecu if i put in a newer ecu scanner work.

Tuner in Training
    1998 5.2L Durango

looks like there is an scanner issue 96-98 jtec it reads and write / connects but scanner dont work.

Tuner in Training
    Beta version does not work either. It goes through all the motions and recognizes the vehicle and ecu, but nothing populates the data fields, gauges, etc.

Tuner in Training
    I am ready to buy the MPVI3 if I can just get an Answer from anyone as to the ability to read (camshaft position sensor setting) Fuel Sync. This is asked for and asked about a Lot with almost never a full answer. If you support JTEC then this is a Critical Function that WILL SELL the hell out of these Tuners. It can't be that hard to do as some scanner and the DRBIII did allow this functional test. Anybody know the truth? I have 1998 Jeep GC 5.9 that really wants to be all she was built to be. Thanks in Advance if you have the true answer!

Tuner in Training
    currently the vcm scanner does not have the ability to set fuel sync not sure if it ever will be able to ive alway just used my snap on modius to set fuel sync honestly if you do it more than once you should be able to stab it in and have it set without a scanner or at least ive gotten lucky the last 5 or so times ive done it they always end up at ether +4 or +5 which is right where i want it to be.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    currently the vcm scanner does not have the ability to set fuel sync not sure if it ever will be able to ive alway just used my snap on modius to set fuel sync honestly if you do it more than once you should be able to stab it in and have it set without a scanner or at least ive gotten lucky the last 5 or so times ive done it they always end up at ether +4 or +5 which is right where i want it to be.
    Thank you the response Rooby
    I really need to see what mine is at this point. My cam is slightly advanced so not sure what is best for my cam setup but seeing and knowing would make the tuning process less guess work and more factual.
    I* have the SnapOn MT2500 and a Cartridge on the way, but I still need the ODBII adapter and I think Key 13 or 13A.

It certainly seems like the ability to do this important setting should be more easy to obtain. JMHO

Tuner in Training
    where are you located if your close enough we could meet up and ill let you use my scanner
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.

Tuner in Training
    Thank You so much for that offer. I have been hanging onto an MT2500 forever that I got before I got this Jeep. I think I might have given 125 bucks back in the day. I just got a Primary Cartridge that will work and should have the OBD2 adapter and 2 keys early next week. This will help as I understand I will be able to do ABS bleeding also. So now I can move forward some. I did have several emails with Eric Krupp about the Jeep JTEC coverage. This has been needed for so long. I have an SCT 3200 and that is how I got my tune from Hemifever back in the day. I need to be able to do this myself and then modifications are not as expensive and timely to wait on a tune. The SCT does not do the best job datalogging but I may have improved that by not having my laptop connected while datalogging. That always seemed to cause dropouts.

Tuner in Training
    So far not supported. Not sure what it takes for different jtecs or otherwise but the PCM I have supports minimal scanner functions (beta).
    56040145AG (99 Dakota 5.9). Can not set sync, can only log like 25 PIDs, will not even read DTC's. I reads and writes tunes just fine though.

Tuner in Training
    Hello Fellow JTEC users did you all see that Bill posted this very recently??

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Jtec-B-support
    Time to buy the MPVI3 and support back those supporting us!
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9
    .30 Over 10.67:1 ported heads, kegger, & throttle body heads are EQ w comp cams roller rockers
    file fit rings balanced rotating assy MSD Coil & MSD6AL prothane motor & trans mounts
    46RE fully built all billet servos larger drums Red Eagle & Kolene ValveBody modified
    All Steel Planetary Gears MEGA OD Spring
    4.56 gears Track Lock in the rear TrueTrac in the Front

Tuner in Training
    OK I bit the bullet and ordered my MPVI3 with ProLink Cable.
    .30 Over 10.67:1 ported heads, kegger, & throttle body heads are EQ w comp cams roller rockers
    file fit rings balanced rotating assy MSD Coil & MSD6AL prothane motor & trans mounts
    46RE fully built all billet servos larger drums Red Eagle & Kolene ValveBody modified

Tuner in Training
    I got my MPVI3 in and was unable to connect to my Jeep. I am working with support on this. I can connect with a SnapOn MT2500 and a SCT3200. I feel like my ECU is fine but I get it need to follow the path here. If anyone is near Madison Mississippi with an MPVI2 or 3 and can connect to verify it is not an ECU issue that would help us move forward. I am looking forward to being part of the Alpha testing on the MPVI3 for JTEC and want to help anyway I can.
    Last edited by TigerTrading2022; 10-29-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Update So I joined that Alpha Firmware group. Promoted the idea of all this. Spent 513 dollars. Am still waiting for an answer and have this device that will not even read my Jeep. Like a cheap Walmart dongle can read the Jeep. Now I am losing confidence in this process and not feeling too happy here. Perhaps after the SEMA fun I can get a resolution but this sux at the moment.