Thread: What method you use to start a VE in open loop SD?

What method you use to start a VE in open loop SD?

Guys what method you use to start a VE in open loop SD? let?s say on a new motor new injectors boosted. I have done 2 of my trucks and I start with the stock VE turn on car check airfuel and from there start logging fuel error. But I see those mail in tunes a d ask myself how they get that VE how they send a start up file and work pretty good.

Senior Tuner
    I can answer for the mail order tuners...

Being diligent about creating a HUGE library of files you can index and pull from. The only way to get there is to do a huge volume for years. 2021 will be my 20th year doing this. I'm not saying that to brag but rather to paint a picture of just how many files we can pull from to build a file for a customer.

When that doesn't work... Feedback in the form of logs will get us the rest of the way there in a few revisions.

You said you've already done 2? From those 2 I'm sure you have a rough idea which way you should start your next one. It works just like that only with thousands of cars under your belt.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs