Thread: Turned off Fuel trims for MAF and now no O2 STFT or LTFT

Tuner in Training

Turned off Fuel trims for MAF and now no O2 STFT or LTFT

Hey all,
    I have been recently learning to use HPT and working to correct a tune that came on my truck. I was told to start with MAF and go from there. I went in and turned off LTFT by maxing out ECT for closed loop, raised Decel to be out of the picture, and disabled dynamic air flow. After I dialed in my MAF I returned the parameters back and now my O2 sensors are not scaling and my LTFT and STFT are at 0. This changers after about an hour of driving and the O2 comes alive and the fuel trims register. I have doubled check all my numbers against a stock tune and other tunes I have downloaded. I have also checked the numbers against the tune I had before the MAF tune and its still the same. I am sure I am missing something, so help is appreciated.

Current 19 11-1-20 stock tune_all of current 18 then added stock 04 shift strategies, and PE to.hpt
    Reduce timing, WTF o2.hpl
    Last edited by 65sub; 11-01-2020 at 09:29 PM.

It says OL-Fault in the log but I don't see a trouble code showing up. It's possible that you could read the DTC's for a pending code to see if there is anything.

Otherwise you can just go into the VCM scanner and click reset fuel trims and enable LTFT learn. I think that is what it's called going by memory here.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I am getting the O2 codes,
    0x10: P0134 - O2 Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1, Sensor 1) (Pending, Current)
    0x10: P0135 - O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1) (Pending, Current)
    0x10: P0154 - O2 Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2, Sensor 1) (Pending, Current)
    0x10: P0155 - O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1) (Pending, Current)

Tuner in Training
    Also, Thank you 5FDP

Tuner in Training
    bump

Tuner in Training
    So, tried this and when I command LTFT the truck gets rich as hell like down to .6 Stoich . I have reverted my tune and checked the parameters of everything and no luck.
    Any help is appreciated.

If you are getting 4 o2 sensor codes you need to figure out why. Those are all power related because they say circuit codes.

Commanding fuel trims with non working o2 sensors will do some weird stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Great idea, I had been looking to check fuses, although the harness fuse block is not labeled.....
    Thanks !!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help 5FDP. So I found the issue...... which is nuts. I think last week when my daughters seatbelt fell behind the seat and got wedged I pulled it up and popped the fuse out for the O2 sensors and it fell under another plug so I didnt see it. I dont know the odds of that happening the day after I tune my MAF but it sounds insane. Anyway, fuse in, sensors seem to be working.

Reset every time after learning LTFT?