Thread: Very strange fueling problems. Transient?

Very strange fueling problems. Transient?

I have a forged 390 9.0 compression, AFR heads, Summit sheet metal intake with 102mm t-body, deatschwerks 88lb injectors, no vacuum on the regulator, Procharger F1A, Mamo spec cam, 6sp manual, and it's in a Foxbody.
    Got the injector data from deatschwerks themselves. Had to lower the transient min fuel from .040 to .014 to get it to run decent. Having a lot of fueling issues I can't seem to dial out. Just keep going in circles. One thing for sure is it spikes lean off idle on take off everytime. At that point it also pulls 9* timing and has no power. Seems to spike lean on tip in and rich on decel. No consistant fuel trims either. It's making it very difficult to tune. Started to mess with the transient fuel boiling time and impact tables. Seems to have improved but I have moved them more than I would think is necessary. Never in all the cars I have tuned were these tables needed to be altered.
    Wideband shows lean at the same time my short trims spike -18% and it pulls 9* timing. If it is indeed lean on tip in why are my trims -18* instead of 18%? Do I have another issue possibly? Any help is appreciated as this one is got me a little frustrated as it seems like there is no consistency to my data.
    Here is a recent log as well as the tune. DEFCO, PE, and long term fuel trims are off. Also my AFR error histogram is off. Haven't had a chance to figure out why yet. Imported from a old Editor version.Mustang 5.hpl88 Mustang Phil 3 bar.hpt
    Last edited by steath; 10-31-2020 at 03:34 PM.