Thread: 2bar, 3bar SD

Tuner in Training

2bar, 3bar SD

I was surprised not to find too much info on this. I have been tuning for years and have a lot of experience tuning in just about any situation...n/a, spray (maf tables), SD, fuel trim tuning, etc..

I know a lot of you big boost FI guys are going 2bar or 3bar SD. I am just wondering WHY? What are the advantages?

I am about to tune a fully built 408 with a P1SC, looking at about 10-15psi and hoping to get at least 700rwhp. I just want to know why it would be better to upgrade to 2 or 3bar SD tuning? Will I be able to tune this car for high boost by strictly using the PE table, or am I asking for trouble? I just dont clearly see the need for going with a new MAP sensor? Is it just more safe? Is it just more safe when going purely SD? ???

And again, am I wasting my time trying to tune this car with a stock MAP and using a MAF (non-sd)??? If I do ditch the MAF and go SD, will I be okay just using PE for WOT fueling?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    more accurate fueling...more control over how much fuel you'd like for specific boost levels, real time tuning is added on most 2/3 bar speed density OS's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    more accurate fueling...more control over how much fuel you'd like for specific boost levels, real time tuning is added on most 2/3 bar speed density OS's.
    Okay I just found a screen shot of the 2bar ve table, it looks nice! But my main question is...am I wasting my time to try and tune this car with the maf and without the 2bar or 3bar enhancement? The owner says he wants the MAF bc it is a daily driver, and personally I would rather use the MAF as well bc of this. If I do go 2/3bar, from what I understand, the MAF is out of the picture right?
    Last edited by spoolin; 11-02-2006 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Tuner
    very simple: if you're doing it with 1barMAP, then you assume that airflow is the same at 1psi, 15psi, 30psi...which i think we can all safely agree it's just not true.
    with MAF, the limit is in the 512g/sec airflow max value. that's not that much airflow, any FI on a big v8s will go over it, so again, you're pretending your airflow is stuck at 512g/sec when it's really going up

Tuner in Training
    Can i use an maf on a 1 bar SD OS after i get the ve dialed in, in SD mod?
    99 red ss m6: 1 1/4 drop, aluminum flywheel, Mccloed adj master, B&M riper w/ cut stick, 4.10's, eradi speed rotors w/ hawk pads, Hp Tuners, LM-1, FAST 90/NW 90, Kooks LT's, costom 3" true duals

1/4-13.6 @ 101 mph stock

LSX Perfomance

Tuner in Training
    I am still trying to find out how to order the 2bar license, but it has been 5+ hours since I contacted HPT about it and I have not received an answer. This is getting to be ridiculous. I need this license by 4pm or i am screwed. How many credits does it take?