Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: lean area around 2500ish rpms-2014 ctsv

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by L1FTD View Post
    Yeah I removed the whole solenoid assembly, left the electrical tied out of the way.

Needed better access around that area to run some hose, and thought it?s better sitting in a box than gathering dust in the engine bay. Can always go back. I used some bigger silicone hose too, took the tiny factory ones off.

Youre running the MAF, so youll need to disable the DTC for the bypass, code 0033 I think. If the MAF is failed, the bypass code wont set regardless.
    Good deal, yeah those tiny plastic hoses are begging to be broken. Yup, still running a blended tune so I would have to disable that. Is it just one dtc then?

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    Yeah, I believe you did send me that log a little while ago. Mine has does it consistently with the stock TB with an airaid, with a 90mm TB with an airaid, and with a NW103 TB with a DDP (my current setup). I also wondered if maybe it could have something to do with the bypass valve causing some goofy air pulses or something? I've been half tempted to dis-connect it and see if the lean spots are still there.
    I also tried that with no change. RaceprovenMotorsports posted another slightly modded V2, pretty much identical to my setup and made close to the same power as me. And just like clockwork.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JayRolla; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:06 AM.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    I also tried that with no change. RaceprovenMotorsports posted another slightly modded V2, pretty much identical to my setup and made pretty much the same power as me. And just like clockwork.
    yyup..lol. Same exact thing

Good deal, yeah those tiny plastic hoses are begging to be broken. Yup, still running a blended tune so I would have to disable that. Is it just one dtc then?
    Just the one, 0033 I think. Could always leave the solenoid assembly installed and electrical connected, just not have the hoses connected to bypass or boost port.
    2017 HSV Clubsport R8 LSA 30th Anniversary M6 - GMM triple-step headers, Cat delete, Stock HSV catback, Harrop pod intake, ID1050X injectors, KB BAP, 2.35" Griptec pulley w/ Gates RPM belt, FII blower & lid spacers, FII reservoir, Mantic 9000 ceramic clutch, Elite Eng. catch can, AEM 30-0334 wideband

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone reached out to Dave, Jake, or Howard?

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure this helps but... My E67 w/ GMPP OS and a VaporWorx boost referenced fuel system w/ CTS-V2 pump module shows no spikes across 2600 RPM at WOT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    Has anyone reached out to Dave, Jake, or Howard?
    Jake, you referring to smokeshow? He thought it was reversion causing it. If that's who you are referring to. Dave Steck I'm assuming? I haven't reached out to him

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah Smokeshow. Then I'd try Dave Steck or Howard at Redline, maybe they have a work around being im sure they've seen it before.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    Yeah Smokeshow. Then I'd try Dave Steck or Howard at Redline, maybe they have a work around being im sure they've seen it before.
    work around= rape thee hell outta the PE table at 2500 rpm...lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    Not sure this helps but... My E67 w/ GMPP OS and a VaporWorx boost referenced fuel system w/ CTS-V2 pump module shows no spikes across 2600 RPM at WOT.
    so you are using the stock FPCM from a v2? Maybe it has something to do with the fuel rail then...

Advanced Tuner
    No stock FPCM, all aftermarket. VaporWorx system is return-less using PWM on the pump to control the fuel pressure. It reads the MAP sensor to maintain, in my case, 350 kPa across the injectors. I siamese the "downstream" end of my fuel rails together and run that line to a second pressure sensor to monitor fuel pressure. The VaporWorx controller gets its pressure reading from a sensor at the pump to avoid noise from the injectors.
    Last edited by pannetron; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:04 PM.

No stock FPCM, all aftermarket. VaporWorx system is return-less using PWM on the pump to control the fuel pressure. It reads the MAP sensor to maintain, in my case, 350 kPa across the injectors. I siamese the "downstream" end of my fuel rails together and run that line to a second pressure sensor to monitor fuel pressure. The VaporWorx controller gets its pressure reading from a sensor at the pump to avoid noise from the injectors.
    Very nice!

Just a few questions, both for the lean spots, and if I did this myself at some point..

- Is the stock FSCM completely removed/unplugged? And the Vaporworx controller is effectively taking its place?

- Are you using aftermarket fuel rails? Or did you modify the stock ones with a crossover at the end?

- Are you using factory fuel lines, pump to rail etc.?

- Is your extra fuel pressure sensor just for you to monitor the rail pressure? Not used in any pump or injector control?

- The Vaporworx just uses the MAP to increase/decrease pump duty cycle, similar to how the factory flow modes work, but using MAP instead of fuel g/s to adjust the pressure/PWM?

Interesting system, sounds like a good bridge between factory and full return setup.
    2017 HSV Clubsport R8 LSA 30th Anniversary M6 - GMM triple-step headers, Cat delete, Stock HSV catback, Harrop pod intake, ID1050X injectors, KB BAP, 2.35" Griptec pulley w/ Gates RPM belt, FII blower & lid spacers, FII reservoir, Mantic 9000 ceramic clutch, Elite Eng. catch can, AEM 30-0334 wideband

Advanced Tuner
    Answered in a PM to avoid further hijacking this thread...

Advanced Tuner
    Answered in a PM to avoid further hijacking this thread...
    It's all good, you can put that info here if you'd like

Im sure you wouldnt mind 100 pages of hijacking, if it lead to an answer for us all!

I think a fix might involve parting with some dollars. Getting rid of the FSCM for starters.

With all the work everyone heres done with the ECM, we mustve touched on just about every parameter. Even plenty of user-defined too.

Dont know if I want to keep throwing money at it, just to see a smooth VE. It runs good now, gets the fuel it needs.

Advanced Tuner
    OK! My car is a '66 Chevelle with my home-built, Edelbrock supercharged LS9 clone. The E-Force blower kit came with nice fuel rails. Fuel line from CTS-V2 pump module to a Y in engine bay is 8AN PTFE lined, stainless steel mesh, vinyl covered hose, forget the brand. 6AN lines from the Y to the front of the rails, 6AN lines from the back of the rails to a T and the downstream pressure sensor. The downstream sensor is for my peace of mind. Before i installed the VaporWorx system and the CTS-V2 pump module, I had a ****Lab PWM return style system with a pump that would eventually lose pressure and leave me stranded. Now I log that "final" FP value to make sure the fuel system keeps up to its task. The VaporWorx system is really well engineered and available in a variety of configurations. I'm OK spending time and money if it actually SOLVES a problem :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by L1FTD View Post
    Im sure you wouldnt mind 100 pages of hijacking, if it lead to an answer for us all!

I think a fix might involve parting with some dollars. Getting rid of the FSCM for starters.

With all the work everyone heres done with the ECM, we mustve touched on just about every parameter. Even plenty of user-defined too.

Dont know if I want to keep throwing money at it, just to see a smooth VE. It runs good now, gets the fuel it needs.
    Exactly!!! Yeah, up to this point I'm ok with raping the PE table and making a few areas of my maf curve slightly richer for CL operation.

Tuning Addict
    OK! My car is a '66 Chevelle with my home-built, Edelbrock supercharged LS9 clone. The E-Force blower kit came with nice fuel rails. Fuel line from CTS-V2 pump module to a Y in engine bay is 8AN PTFE lined, stainless steel mesh, vinyl covered hose, forget the brand. 6AN lines from the Y to the front of the rails, 6AN lines from the back of the rails to a T and the downstream pressure sensor. The downstream sensor is for my peace of mind. Before i installed the VaporWorx system and the CTS-V2 pump module, I had a ****Lab PWM return style system with a pump that would eventually lose pressure and leave me stranded. Now I log that "final" FP value to make sure the fuel system keeps up to its task. The VaporWorx system is really well engineered and available in a variety of configurations. I'm OK spending time and money if it actually SOLVES a problem :-)
    Did you have the lean issue before and is it now 100% gone without trying to work around it? Rail kits aren't that expensive and I could see the 1 into 2 point choking things off.

Just not sure why some still don't do it if it's a mechanical flaw.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    I'm sorry for not being completely read into this problem but could someone give me a summary?

I've done a ton of CTS's and LSA's. I actually even did the first production LSA CTSV ever made for Rick Hendrick before they were out. I personally daily drive a '17 SS with a LSA. Never noticed any lean spikes. The VVE table will have a hump at lower RPM/high boost that falls a bit before taking back off. I also set most up in SD only because you can hit the same spot in the MAF passing someone on freeway with 6th gear/locked TCC and be lean but rich if you did a standing start full throttle pull.

Those having problems... have you tried going 100% SD?

Turn off injector desoot mode?

The VVE table will definitely look different than a NA, centrifugal, or turbo.. but similar to any other whipple/magnacharger VVE table.

Lastly, I'll often even do stock cammed but high boost LSA's in speed density just to get rid of that spot in the MAF table that is sometimes rich sometimes lean depending on the situation.. If you plot deviation on the MAF table you'll see what I mean.. That is how far off on average from the average are samples. Good example would be 0, and 10 would have the same average as 4 and 6 but the later has much less deviation.
    Last edited by Alvin; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:49 PM.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Attached are two VVE tables from the last two CTSV's I did.. My notes say one was a 388 with 231/247 duration cam 1300 ID injectors

The other was a stock CID 223/235 1050 Id injectors

I don't even remember the cars to be honest. I just wanted to show what I find to be a typical looking VVE table for a LSA or really any PD style blower.

Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs