Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: lean area around 2500ish rpms-2014 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    I am guessing you will have the lean spot since you have ID850 injectors. My theory is that the spray pattern of the factory LSA injectors is different than other factory (and aftermarket) fuel injector spray patterns. Presumably this could be overcome with a transient fueling correction...but...this one hasn't been solved yet, so who knows.
    So many LSA guys running these injectors without this issue. Unless hundreds of tuners are just ignoring it.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRolla View Post
    So many LSA guys running these injectors without this issue. Unless hundreds of tuners are just ignoring it.
    Wonder if it may have something to do with the bypass valve possibly? Considering it happens around 50-70ish kpa (for me) that valve is going to be closed a fair amount at that point...wonder if that is causing some goofy reversion with whatever angle it's at at those kpa levels....I'm just thinking aloud essentially

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    Wonder if it may have something to do with the bypass valve possibly? Considering it happens around 50-70ish kpa (for me) that valve is going to be closed a fair amount at that point...wonder if that is causing some goofy reversion with whatever angle it's at at those kpa levels....I'm just thinking aloud essentially
    Do you mean EVAP solenoid? If so, are you logging the fuel trim cell PID?
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner
    Do you mean EVAP solenoid? If so, are you logging the fuel trim cell PID?
    No, its the boost bypass valve assembly located on the left side of the snout....when you are just cruising around this valve is open and allowing air to "bypass" the supercharger rotors and go straight into the engine. It's vacuum/spring actuated so when you get into boost that valve closes and all the air is passed through the supercharger rotors

bypass valve.JPG

No, its the boost bypass valve assembly located on the left side of the snout....when you are just cruising around this valve is open and allowing air to "bypass" the supercharger rotors and go straight into the engine. It's vacuum/spring actuated so when you get into boost that valve closes and all the air is passed through the supercharger rotors

bypass valve.JPG
    For fun I unplugged it and nothing happened but I believe that means it stays closed. Maybe I will adjust that flapper door open and see if that changes anything.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Advanced Tuner
    For fun I unplugged it and nothing happened but I believe that means it stays closed. Maybe I will adjust that flapper door open and see if that changes anything.
    correct that means all the air is going through the rotors all the time..welp, since you already did it and nothing happened I won't bother doing it...lol.

Also, wondering if others don't notice it as much, or at all? They don't feel it, or pay attention when scanning, or don't scan?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Potential Tuner
    I don't run the bypass valve, btw

2.55 pulley and all cats deleted
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsv2011 View Post
    2.55 pulley and all cats deleted
    unfortunately with that wot pull, you started above 2500-2600 rpm area that we have the issues with

bypass valve.JPG

Sorry I am just an N/A meat-head!

My Tuning Software:

MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I am just an N/A meat-head!
    lol..no worries...you need to come to the boost land....

Exactly right. There are two people that notice this...ones with obvious drivability issues and ones (without drivability issues) that are paying attention to the data in the logs and know how to tune the VVE table.

I have been following this thread and it seems like the commonality is aftermarket injectors. If it were me, I would temporarily pop in my OEM LSA injectors and log/test a few times. Unlikely they would be anywhere close to 100% duty cycle at 2,600 rpms. I know that when I put LSA injectors in my LS3, they caused all kinds of issues due to the spray pattern, I so I removed them and the issues went away.

My Tuning Software:

MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Exactly right. There are two people that notice this...ones with obvious drivability issues and ones (without drivability issues) that are paying attention to the data in the logs and know how to tune the VVE table.

I have been following this thread and it seems like the commonality is aftermarket injectors. If it were me, I would temporarily pop in my OEM LSA injectors and log/test a few times. Unlikely they would be anywhere close to 100% duty cycle at 2,600 rpms. I know that when I put LSA injectors in my LS3, they caused all kinds of issues due to the spray pattern, I so I removed them and the issues went away.
    I found logs with stock LSA injectors when I first installed my wbo2 and still had the issue. Has nothing to do with the injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    I found logs with stock LSA injectors when I first installed my wbo2 and still had the issue. Has nothing to do with the injectors.
    Did you by chance still have the stock intake that you could install for testing purposes? I'm still thinking it's intake reversion that smokeshow initially said it was.

Did you by chance still have the stock intake that you could install for testing purposes? I'm still thinking it's intake reversion that smokeshow initially said it was.
    I do. I will have to find some time and try. I really dialed in my VE table other day using EQ Ratio instead of STFT's. I noticed a peak at 1600, 2600, 3400 and even had a small one at 4400rpms. I was tuning VE up to 5k rpm this time. So its every 800-1k rpms.

Advanced Tuner
    I do. I will have to find some time and try. I really dialed in my VE table other day using EQ Ratio instead of STFT's. I noticed a peak at 1600, 2600, 3400 and even had a small one at 4400rpms. I was tuning VE up to 5k rpm this time. So its every 800-1k rpms.
    Oh wow 3400 too? I've only tuned my VVE up to 3k approx. So are you saying you put the car in OL and used your WB to tune closed loops areas?

Oh wow 3400 too? I've only tuned my VVE up to 3k approx. So are you saying you put the car in OL and used your WB to tune closed loops areas?
    Yeah, I disabled the MAF, disabled O2's and forced speed density. Then used wbo2 EQ error to tune VVE. I usually do up to 4k rpm because that's when I do the dynamic airflow disable. This time I just did it up to 5k and then continued the added fuel up to redline in the load areas as if I was tuning SD only. I noticed a pretty good peak at 3400rpms and was surprised. But I dont see much of a spike on the wbo2 like around 1600 and 2600.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm seriously thinking about attempting to install a honeycomb airflow straightener in front of the maf to see if that helps any. I'm to a point where I may throw in the white flag as I really want to get in the car and just drive it WITHOUT a laptop in it..lol
    Last edited by sgod1100; 07-19-2023 at 10:54 AM.

I'm seriously thinking about attempting to install a honeycomb airflow straightener in front of the maf to see if that helps any. I'm to a point where I may throw in the white flag as I really want to get in the car and just drive it WITHOUT a laptop in it..lol
    Do it! Actually thinking that might be easier/better than installing the old intake. Was looking at getting one to adapt into my airaid. https://performancemrp.com/c-1389190...er-screen.html