Thread: GTO with Kooks LT

Tuner

GTO with Kooks LT

I put on Kooks LT headers and Cated mid pipes today I turned off error reporting on rear O2s but where should I start on Tune? Its stock 05 GTO 6sp 7k mi other than headers and cats. I want to order thermostat and Wide Band. But this hole W/B thing has me confused don’t know witch one to buy from where. Think I have read all the threads but no closer than when I started. The LC1 sounds like trouble thinking about LM1 or? Want to spend $200-$300 I welded Bung in so that’s ready only need Wide Band for HPT. Looking for good street tune all around smooth and better gas mileage would be a +. Don’t get me wrong seems to run good but I bought HPT to learn more about my car and well you get the idea.

I have been using the FJO Racing wideband for several years, and have tuned many vehicles with it. It has been totally trouble free, and the Hp Scanner already has it listed for the I/O input. Very easy to hook up. I install the wideband O2 in place of the stock right front O2 sensor, so there is no reason
    to install a weld bung.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    I cant find that one in my price range?

You don't need their complete kit, since your using Hp Tuner's scanner. Email them and let them know that your using the enhanced I/O.

You need the CWC00003 Controller, the O2 Cable, and the power cable harness.
    I used the recommended Honda wideband as it was allot cheaper than either the NTK or Bosch wideband O2. You don't need the connectivity kit or software either as that is for stand alone logging.

Russ Kemp