Thread: Still have that lean spike - Now with KR...

Still have that lean spike - Now with KR...

So,

I've been chasing this lean spike for a week or so before I went to the track today. I thought I had it licked as I thought my shift speeds were bumping the rev limiter (7k here) and pulling fuel. Well, I pulled the shift speeds back and tested again and saw no lean spike and no knock.

Well, I'm at a loss again. I went to the track today and logged this run and not only saw that lean spike but quite a bit of KR too!! My mods are a 231/237 cam, 3600 stall, 3.91's, FAST, CAI, 50lb injectors and a 150 wet shot on an LS2 GTO. I think my methodology might be part of the problem in the way I'm changing things although I'd like some of your opinions on this one if you please......

I've attached my current tune and logfile from a 11.17@119mph run......

Thanks to all in advance....

Mark

Attachment 2310

Attachment 2311
    Last edited by barkingspud; 10-29-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Your trans is slipping in 1st gear and your hitting your 7000 rpm fuel shut off.
    Change your PE table and the trans tables to match this word document. Also then copy the changed positive force motor table to the negative table.
    What wot shift points do you want?

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Your trans is slipping in 1st gear and your hitting your 7000 rpm fuel shut off.
    Change your PE table and the trans tables to match this word document. Also then copy the changed positive force motor table to the negative table.
    What wot shift points do you want?

Russ Kemp

Holy shit Russ....THANKS!!! I was thinking I was still hitting the limiter. It was better but not perfect......At WOT my limiter is set at 7k so, I'd like to (obviously) keep it under that.....

I didn't have ANY time to do any real TNT today as I was called home on a family emergency after 3 runs......

Thanks again,

Mark