Thread: eq ratio not matching

eq ratio not matching

has anyone had there eq ratio not match the comanded afr on the scan tool ?
    I have a eq of .75 and the scan shows 12:1
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to read how the EQ ratio works.

Do the math. 14.68/.75 = 19.57 AFR. That would be bad, very bad.

The values must be greater than 1 to achieve a richer mixture. So if you wanted 12.5 AFR you need to commanded 1.175. (14.68/1.175 = 12.49afr).

Just remember that the EQ ratio is only a request. So you can ask for 12.5 and then you need to add or remove fuel from the MAF/VE to reach that 12.5 afr on the wideband.

I have other questions like why the cylinder volume is so low, you have it set so it's smaller than a 4.8 engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    In addition to making sure your ensuring your EQ is set to the right stoich value, in my case i tune by AFR only cause my WB is stuck in AFR for now, you also need to have your standard data and PIDs in order. Make sure to review the Chopper doc videos to see especially the VE tuning videos. Those will make sure you are on the right track. Before messing with the tune, having your scanner in order is a must as well. I suspect you may have done an engine swap, but we need more details on the vehicle compared to whats on the file to give a better picture of whats going on. Again, you dont want an EQ of .75, as your ENTIRE tune then will be too lean, unless you are messing with some other type of fuel we dont know about.

As far as commanded and actual AFR, Your EQ error graph will help you to tune that portion so that the error eventually will be less than +/- 5%, in which case you will be close to putting git back into close loop and tuning in MAF if you go this route. This will also enable your Narrow bands to be able to start taking over controlling the fueling as well. Ther will always be some variance from Commanded to actual AFR, the key is to keep them in a happy medium.
    and you point is?

If your Eq ratio is in Lambda and your scan tool is AFR, Then you are at 14.68 x .75 which is equal to 11.1 afr. You have to do some more tuning. It is rich---unless I am reading your post wrong. Is your eq from a wideband?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8