Thread: Save AS File

Tuner

Save AS File

OK I’m new here but I thought I could save a file! I did read entire made some changes to stock file just trying to get started but I can’t save as or save at all. As soon as I make a change file says unsaved @ top but when I’m finished Save/Save As is grayed out! I did searches been reading all the help but ??? What am I doing wrong?

Do you have a license for the car your working on? I can download a 2005 GTO, edit it, but the save & save as buttons are grayed out. This is because I don't have a license for the 2005 GTO.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Do you have a license for the car your working on? I can download a 2005 GTO, edit it, but the save & save as buttons are grayed out. This is because I don't have a license for the 2005 GTO.

Russ Kemp
    I didn’t know that, But yah I did 05 GTO model and yr License for 12 credits.

I would contact support about that one. If you have the 2005 GTO model/year
    license, the save as button shouldn't be grayed out.

Russ Kemp

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah that sounds odd...did you read it on a laptop then try to edit it on your home computer without having pinged your hardware? Thats the only thing I can think of as to why the save boxes would be grayed out.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yeah that sounds odd...did you read it on a laptop then try to edit it on your home computer without having pinged your hardware? Thats the only thing I can think of as to why the save boxes would be grayed out.
    I think thats what I did? I dont understand though,I did plug interface into this puter. What more should I do. I used carputer to Read Entire then transfred file WiFi to desk top to edit. Serial # and Key and version are same. Thanx

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you need to load the drivers on the desktop as well. The software doesnt care what key you have or how many credits you have when its contemplating a save...it wants to know what licenses you have so it knows what it can & cant save.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    you need to load the drivers on the desktop as well. The software doesnt care what key you have or how many credits you have when its contemplating a save...it wants to know what licenses you have so it knows what it can & cant save.
    I did same install on both puters same #s everything same, no save! Today I drove car up to window and used really long USB cable did a Read Entire and save. So know it works wish I knew what he meant about ping Hardware. I understand ping like ping server or router etc. Thanx

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post the file your trying to change as well as your info log from the computer YOU CANNOT save on(with your serial # & application key removed please)