Thread: 06 ls2 with n2o

Tuner in Training

06 ls2 with n2o

Are any of you guys retuning the car after a nitrous install?
    Are the torqu tables going to be affected by the n20? This is an automatic car.
    thanks for info.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by andrew barrale
    Are any of you guys retuning the car after a nitrous install?
    Are the torqu tables going to be affected by the n20? This is an automatic car.
    thanks for info.
    Is it a wet or dry kit, a wet kit is safer due to the fact you can tune it with changing the jets, hence you can control the afr, depending on what size shot you are going to use keep the afr at 11.5 or under and scan a run to check KR, KR is going to be the main contibuting factor when the gas is on, it will take a little time to set the tune up as you won't be able to run the same amount of timing on a NOS set up as you would with an NA set up, what we need is some way to set up a window switch with pcm so that when you arm the gas system it will change to another timing table.
    The auto is going to give up the ghost if you disable all torque mangement, normally you would disable all torque management when tuning the car but i would keep a safety margin in these settings.

Dave
    LS2 Alloy Block 402 - VORTECH V7 Gilmer driven 15 psi 937.3 rwhp street driven.

Tuner in Training
    It is a wet nx after maf kit, with the fjo controller. I will data log the car to see what it does.

Tuner
    I was wondering the same thing with the torque management and spray...if you leave the torque management untouched what will be the characteristics/ effects? Meaning is it going to pull even more timing during shifts and back the throttle out more?

the harder shifts would be nice but getting a stock tranny to shift when commanded with a lot of power behind it can be a choir, and not too long stock trans+lots-o-power+hard shifts = takes a shit
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redgto4u
    I was wondering the same thing with the torque management and spray...if you leave the torque management untouched what will be the characteristics/ effects? Meaning is it going to pull even more timing during shifts and back the throttle out more?

Senior Tuner
    You really don't want to spray through the shifts. With a
    window switch you can cut it maybe 500RPM before the
    shiftpoint and let your trans live a while longer.

Look in your tune for IAT spark and fuel adder tables. I
    have never seen an LS2 file myself, but the LS1s have
    them. Build yourself a little IAT tricker with a relay and
    resistor, energized by the nitrous solenoid, that will fake
    -40 degrees when hit. Use that column of the tables for
    "special sauce" timing and fueling too (if dry shot).

Personally I despise the little I understand about torque
    managed throttle control. The trans, you probably ought
    to keep some (though many don't, many also pay). Maybe
    not quite so heavy handed as the LS1's setup. Dialing it
    in based on delivered torque observed, pick a number,
    is not that hard.

Don't think you can mess with the A6 torque management as it's extremely integral to the clutch-to-clutch apply/release timing. Not available in the trans section. However, you can remove some (or all) of the engine side torque management.

Take what I have to say with a grain of salt though as I haven't tuned any 06+ A6 N20 equipped vehicles yet...
    Always Support Our Troops!