Thread: Recommendations for Remote Tuning

Potential Tuner

Question Recommendations for Remote Tuning

I'm looking for recommendations for a person / place that can do a remote tune for me. Essentially I?d like to have them tell me what to log and under what conditions and send them the files and have someone that knows what they are doing fix my issues; I have seen this advertised in a few places but I'm looking for recommendations for a good one that hopefully that uses an HP tuner as I already have one. I?m not comfortable with messing with things too much more than I have at this point (see below) and don?t really have the time to learn right now.

Below if a summary of the problems I am having.

Around 6 months ago I had a rebuilt 5.3L engine (with a performance camshaft and a tune) put in my 05 Yukon? there were some minor problems with the tune from the start, mainly surging and difficult hot starts. For a number of reasons, I didn?t want to take it back to the guy that tuned it so I got a HP Tuner and actually fixed the surging and made the hot starts better to where I could start it up pretty easily by giving it a bit of gas while cranking by just making some very minor changes to the tune.

A few weeks ago my battery died? and when I replaced it, the engine wouldn?t start, it would turn over but never stay running? confused and on someone?s recommendation I cleaned my throttle body and it started right up after that (so it was seemingly related), but the surging was back and way worse, to the point where it would die sitting in idle most of the time? and sometimes right after accelerating from idle. I even replaced the throttle body all together and it didn?t make a difference. I bumped my idle RPM up and it still surges at idle but doesn?t die most of the time. Oddly enough every once in a while, it idles without any issues? but it?s maybe 10% of the time. Not sure what changed all of the sudden, but I think the main issue is the tune. I?d like to get it regarded next and want to resolve these issues before I sink more money into it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by NW1; 06-22-2020 at 06:08 AM.

I can help! PM me

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Senior Tuner
    Complete cam specs? is that the only mod?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Complete cam specs? is that the only mod?
    This is the cam: https://www.lsxceleration.com/lsxcel...3-523-hr112-3/

The only other mod is a cold air intake, if that counts.

Advanced Tuner
    Contact scram speed tuning on facebook. Get in touch with James Pruitt. Probably one of the best tuners i have talked to.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I can help! PM me
    Can you help with my tune?