Thread: Controller Init: Failed to Start

Advanced Tuner

Controller Init: Failed to Start

Hello fellow tuners,

I have ran across a 2020 Ram 1500 5.7L that is giving me this error while trying to perform the stock read to send into HPT with the Dodge PCM Modification Service.
    Has anyone else ran into this, and if so how did you fix this? I have the latest version of the VCM Suite and I also tried with the latest Beta Version as well with the same results.
    Read Fail.png

Thank you,
    Mark

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    typically means you haven't purchased/installed the smart access cable which is necessary in order to read late model dodge ecm's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Oh so the Smart Access Cable is required to read the stock file? Darn, that sucks. I knew I needed it to flash the PCM but thought I would be able to perform the read on the stock PCM and was going to order the PCM mod and access cable in the same go around, to save on shipping.

I will order the access cable. thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    typically means you haven't purchased/installed the smart access cable which is necessary in order to read late model dodge ecm's.
    I am having the same issue trying to read a Ford Control Pack Gen 3 Coyote 10R80. I am using an RTD+ device.

Potential Tuner

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm having this issue when trying to write a file. It's a 2013 Dodge Dart which wasn't an issue until I wrote a Tuner Tools file. Can't go back to stock because it won't even attempt to write.