Thread: Need ideas on why my car is going lean

Tuner in Training

Need ideas on why my car is going lean

You can see in the dyno graph that my car is going lean.C6 ls2 with a cam 6 speed. On my original tune with my pe tables set 1.13 gave me an original AFR of 13:1 across the board. Nothing changed on the tune, but back on dyno 4 weeks later and this is what I find. I had to set the pe in some cells to 1.500 to get the AFR to where is is now. ANy idea as to whats going on would help. Have already logged the car and you can't tell anything is wrong from the log.

so you made zero changes? I would almost question the WB due to the fact that the power curve is the same and if you were really that lean I would expect a lot of knock. I wouldnt make any changes to the PE, adjsut the MAF calibration to properly get the AFR in line.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

start with fuel supply using a fuel pressure regulator:
    fuel pump
    regulator
    injectors
    lines

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have to agree with mike...in that both graphs overlap each other pretty good so I would suspect a possible bad a/f reading, but thats me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Tailpipe wideband?

Tuner in Training
    yes its a tailpipe wideband.

was it in the tail pipe all the way?
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB