Thread: LQ4 Swap in 66 c10 First start idle

Potential Tuner

LQ4 Swap in 66 c10 First start idle

Hey there, New to the forum and just doing my first tune and want to know what you guys think of this idle and short rev log. I'm as green as they come to the ls stuff so take it easy on me!! lol. My setup is 01 LQ4 with 243 heads, btr LS1/2 STAGE 3 Cam and springs, tbss intake with gm truck MAF and a speed engineering 92mm TB, gm 12613412 injectors(data already updated), and mid length headers. I have an aem x 30-0300 on bank 1 but only have it hooked up on dash. i notice when i rev it, my wide band shows way lean? is that normal? also not sure why my bank 2 trim is much higher than bank 1. I have adjusted things by mainly following goat rope on youtube. just not sure if i should be taking it for a drive just yet or not if these numbers aren't right,
    thanks in advance for any help!!
    66 c10 idle and rev.hpl

What's your fuel pressure at?

All those parts like the cam/intake and throttle body all add airflow and when you hit the throttle it's going to be lean because the airflow model was built around stock parts. Once your wideband is put into the log you can create a wideband error against the commanded AFR or Lambda to dial in the MAF airflow curve and the VE table to bring fueling back in line.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply, I have a corvette return style which i believe is 58psi so im just going by that. Maybe i will test that to be sure. I guess i should hook up the wide band to be able to log then?

Potential Tuner
    i have the mpvi2 and just trying to figure out how to hook it to my wide band and be able to log

Yes, verify pressure. Those will just regulate the pressure to that psi but knowing that you are there is another thing.

Widebands can logged through serial or you can wire the wideband into a 5v reference circuit on the computer. Most pick the EGR circuit as that is never used for things like this.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, appreciate it!!