Thread: High Idle Desired RPM

Tuner in Training

High Idle Desired RPM

I'm having an issue with my tune, where I go to cold start the vehicle, and the idle imediately jumps up. It used to jump up to 1500rpm, but I've changed a small amount of settings since getting HP Tuners, and the latest log I did, it only jumped to 1200. I want to lower this, because with the exhaust I have, it makes the car quite loud on cold starts. I'm just not sure which settings to adjust to get it to stop doing this. I'd like the engine to be anywhere from 750-900 rpm, but I'd settle for getting it to stay under 1000 rpm. How should I change the startup AFR correction parameters to achieve this, or am I looking at the wrong settings?

mid day cold start.hpl
    ZZP As Found Tune.hpt
    02 Monte Stock.hpt

Tuner
    Which file is currently on the car?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R0G3R View Post
    Which file is currently on the car?
    The ZZP As Found file. The stock file is for referance.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvenScout View Post
    The ZZP As Found file. The stock file is for referance.
    I would set your whole target idle speed table to the same rpm and give that a try.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R0G3R View Post
    I would set your whole target idle speed table to the same rpm and give that a try.
    I have tried that. it only responds to the target idle speed after it does this little rpm rise that I'm trying to eliminate. I noticed that even before I crank over the engine in the log I attached, the idle desired is 1200 rpm.