Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: SD tuning for E38/E67 ECM's

Potential Tuner
    Get the custom OS for your E38 and don't look back. I simply use Bluecat's tool now to quickly look at actual VE numbers since it can quickly bake out the cylinder volume * R gas constant out.

Anyone seen any walk throughs of using the new tools in 3.0+ for SD Tuning e38s or are the BlueCat walk throughs accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by iced98lx View Post
    Anyone seen any walk throughs of using the new tools in 3.0+ for SD Tuning e38s or are the BlueCat walk throughs accurate.
    I suppose this is sort of a silly question as I could follow any walk through for regular VE Tables and the VVE table should work generally the same.

I have no idea how to use the vve editor. is there a guide?
    This is really beginning to piss me off. I miss the old "411"ecm.
    Last edited by ericwilloughby; 01-02-2019 at 03:43 PM.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tarted-Threads

Try that.

Setting up the VVE is like tuning a regular VE table. You are just using different tables and values is all. It's is more complex with some of the fuel trims parts or the rich/lean after flash stuff but you can still get it down.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Is there a way to use the compare function to compare old and new VVE portions of the tune? At this time when I'm looking at a VVE table I can't look at anything else until I close that window.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwilloughby View Post
    Is there a way to use the compare function to compare old and new VVE portions of the tune? At this time when I'm looking at a VVE table I can't look at anything else until I close that window.

Not that I'm aware of. I have printed out the original, then print out the new and eye ball it. It gave me a head ache so I stopped. There should be someway to put old and new into a spread sheet and do a compare there.
    Try this. https://www.ablebits.com/office-addi...-files-sheets/

Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. I have printed out the original, then print out the new and eye ball it. It gave me a head ache so I stopped. There should be someway to put old and new into a spread sheet and do a compare there.
    Try this. https://www.ablebits.com/office-addi...-files-sheets/
    Thanks for the reply. I never figured out a way to compare. Took a while to learn to tune vve. I found it much easier once I learned to use the correct manifold switch option and zeroed out the other 3 so I wouldn't accidentally find my way back into the wrong vve table.

Senior Tuner
    u can open the editor twice so u can then look at and copy/paste from one to the other

Holy cow. I?ve been tuning a whole lot of ecotecs on e67s and I got curious about tuning them speed density (as I do with a lot of LS stuff and obviously stuff on p11s and other speed density only ECMs) and WOW my head is spinning. I should?ve paid more attention in math class.