Thread: Room for improvement - tune and log file

Potential Tuner

Room for improvement - tune and log file

I'm pretty happy with where my tune is at but you dont know what you dont know. If anyone has some spare time to take a look and make some suggestions on what I can improve and why, I would appreciate it. I did some SD tuning but currently running the MAF. Truck is an 09 Escalade esv awd 6.2 l9h, stock vvt cam,stock fuel system, twin hx40 turbos, flipped factory manifolds. Wastegates are a little large so have a bit of a falling boost curve but I'm sticking with this setup for a little while and maybe look into ebc in the future. Power is decent and she gets about 18.5 mpg on the hwy and 11ish around the town.
    Still struggling with kr randomly even with good fuel, hardly any advance and the knock sensitivity is turned down a good bit so advice there is helpful too.

MAF 19 remove some tq mgt from trans.hpt
    9th tq mgmt.hpl

Tuning Addict
    MAF should be smooth. VE needs work, but I think you know that. Injection timing, ignition timing and cam timing will be your big power adders and I mean BIG power adders. Trans could use some work, but you better research it because have to adjust a lot of tables. Fuel eco should be higher with the setup. Wish you had the 2bar as that would have worked out better for you in general.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    MAF should be smooth. VE needs work, but I think you know that. Injection timing, ignition timing and cam timing will be your big power adders and I mean BIG power adders. Trans could use some work, but you better research it because have to adjust a lot of tables. Fuel eco should be higher with the setup. Wish you had the 2bar as that would have worked out better for you in general.
    Thank you. Spent some time today playing with cam timing and following up with some different ignition timing. I?ll post the new tune with a log tomorrow to see what you think.

I?m ignorant so forgive me, what do you mean by 2 bar? I have the ZR1 map sensor, maybe you mean something else?

For transmission I?ve been using the BlueCat program and that?s about it. If you?ve got any pointers or things I should research please let me know.