Thread: De-capped injectors flow rate

Tuner

De-capped injectors flow rate

hello, looking for some assistance in changing my tune over to run de-capped injectors. have read through threads cannot find definite answer. i got a set, they have been flowed, this is the sheet i got back. (attached) i am wondering if this is the right sheet? with enough info? i have checked out several other sites and seen that new injectors/ some flowed sites come with an excel sheet to copy &paste to the tune. i am looking to get a base file going. going to be running ZR1 map, de-capped injectors 2-3 bar tune.
    truck info.
    tsp dual valve springs
    TSP stage 3 5.3 turbo cam
    ported heads
    9.1-1 comp
    78/75 gen 2 turbo

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    i attached my stock file, and my current file while having stage 4 btr truck cam and long tubes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sierra09; 04-30-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    2011 SCSB Boosted/Forged 5.3

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra09 View Post
    hello, looking for some assistance in changing my tune over to run de-capped injectors. have read through threads cannot find definite answer. i got a set, they have been flowed, this is the sheet i got back. (attached) i am wondering if this is the right sheet? with enough info? i have checked out several other sites and seen that new injectors/ some flowed sites come with an excel sheet to copy &paste to the tune. i am looking to get a base file going. going to be running ZR1 map, de-capped injectors 2-3 bar tune.
    truck info.
    tsp dual valve springs
    TSP stage 3 5.3 turbo cam
    ported heads
    9.1-1 comp
    78/75 gen 2 turbo

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    i attached my stock file, and my current file while having stage 4 btr truck cam and long tubes.
    You won't have all of the proper characterization data for the decapped injectors. However, you do have the flow data. The 739.38 cc/min is approx. 70.42 lb/hr. That'll be your injector flow at 4 bar (400kpa) on your injector flowrate table. You'll also need to reduce the min injector PW...something around .3 should be close.

Tuner
    awesome!! thanks for that.
    now when switching the tune over to a 2-3 bar OS, in the os tab it dose not has the ability to change OS. there is vatts 1-2 (Disabled) TCS patch (Applied?) manifold vacuum boost (Applied) Speed density air mode (Applied) (changed values) i'm wondering if the proper way to do it now is, change the Row & column in the VVE up to 255, Rpm to 8000, change map max to 255, map re scale values? (ZR1 Values) is there anything else i should be changing?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra09 View Post
    awesome!! thanks for that.
    now when switching the tune over to a 2-3 bar OS, in the os tab it dose not has the ability to change OS. there is vatts 1-2 (Disabled) TCS patch (Applied?) manifold vacuum boost (Applied) Speed density air mode (Applied) (changed values) i'm wondering if the proper way to do it now is, change the Row & column in the VVE up to 255, Rpm to 8000, change map max to 255, map re scale values? (ZR1 Values) is there anything else i should be changing?
    That's correct. If you right click on the VVE column values, you can also choose one of the defaults that they offer...either 2 bar or 3 bar.

Tuner
    Perfect.... thanks a lot for your time