Thread: Switched to HP Tuners from Diablo Intune- Kenne Bell & 426

Switched to HP Tuners from Diablo Intune- Kenne Bell & 426

Recently switched to HP Tuners from a Diablo Intune and the tune is definitely not at its best. I am just now learning the HP tuning and wanted to see if I could get any suggestions or advice before I started making any changes. Ive got the book and the internet and have been basically teaching myself, but gotta start somewhere.

I have a 2009 SRT8 Challenger with 2.8 Kenne Bell, Arrington built 426 Hemi, forged heads, Kooks headers, War Viking Max Transmission w/ trans brake

When I got the car it had 2012 miles on it and 8 tunes on the diablo we were told nothing about. I just put it on the latest tune and had been using that one. The air fuel has been horrible and I really need to adjust fuel settings, and I am positive plenty of others. If I need to give any more information just let me know. I attached a ECM read and log from a pass I did at the track recently. Trying to figure all of this out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ashlee; 04-10-2020 at 03:46 PM.

i was just looking at your tune and for the engine side you would probably want to go into the airflow section under speed density and tune those two VE tables there. make sure they stay identical. all the boxes 1344rpm and lower i would start out by subtracting them by around 8. 1632-1952rpm id leave alone for now. 2112-2687rpm id add around 8. 3040 and up id add around 15 to all those boxes. that should get you much closer to where you should be and then you can take another log and do some fine tuning box by box.

i noticed you have the mopar performance tcm ive been looking to get a read on that file since i bought one that was tampered with and basically scammed but i noticed yours was edited and is not an out of the box mopar tcm. still has the correct OS showing in the tune but they definitely made some changes in there. i got excited for a second thinking i could restore my mopar tcm to its factory state but now im not sure what all was changed in there so i guess ill have to keep looking lol.

Thank you for that info!! I was playing with the VE bank just wasn?t for sure or confident enough to try it yet. I will try that! That helps greatly!
    Sorry about the lack of TCM explanation. I have 3 TCMs including the stock one, the Mopar tcm, and the Karma tcm that I was told to purchase when I got the War Viking Max transmission. When I switched to Hp Tuners some of the tcm info didn?t fully transfer over and I lost the ability to upshift into second (which is how I do my burnouts). Long story short we were told to contact Dings from Washington and that he knows those TCMs. I contacted him and he said he had better luck with the Mopar TCMs over the Karmas so we have been email tuning to fix the Mopar TCM to work with my car. I don?t have any other Mopar tcm tunes though so sorry about that!

anytime i hope it helps you out. no prob about the tcm lol i was just commenting

If the Diablo still has the stock file you can revert back, re-flash back to stock, copy it with HPT and let Siciliano15 have a copy.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Senior Tuner
    Are you running race gas?

I still have the Diablo, i'll see if I can find it on there.

Yes, I usually get 5 gallons of MS 109 before I go to the track and use it with 93

I wouldn't be learning how to tune on this setup. Message me for a tune.