Thread: Spraying an LS2..

Spraying an LS2..

Is there some kind of issue with fueling when spraying an LS2? We have on that seems to go 10.0:1 AFR at about 5000 rpm when being sprayed. Is the MAF maxing?

If you are spraying POST MAF, you will not be reaching the limits of the meter as it still thinks the same amount of air is comming in

When you inject nitrous into the combustion chamber/intake your VE is going to change. I would look at calibrating your VE and PE EQ Ratio tables to dial in your air fuel

You cant adjust the maf curve to achieve proper fueling because the maf is not registering the nitrous as incomming airflow if you are spraying post meter

You need to log VE, Commanded, etc etc.
    Paul Meister
    www.steeda.ca
    twin turbo 03 cobra - 730rwhp on pump gas

Senior Tuner
    your VE and PE EQ Ratio tables to dial in your air fuel<<<<

PE EQ Ratio is your DESIRED Air Fuel. You calibrate the VE table to MATCH this Value
    Paul Meister
    www.steeda.ca

I understand that on spray the VE is going to increase dramatically, especially at lower rpms. If you alter your VE/PE then N/A running will be horrible. The point of injection is post MAF. Its a plate system. I haven't logged it but would think that the MAF hrtz on the spray has to be well over the hrtz N/A. Couldn't I just play with fueling at those loads?

You cant adjust the maf table to add in fuel because the maf is not actually seeing more air. By not calibrating your maf vs commanded air fuel, load will be off and you will have improper calculations.

Your VE will be higher than in NA and tables will shift into places not seen when N/A....adjsut this for your desired air fuel
    Paul Meister
    www.steeda.ca