Thread: LS7 Tuning question

Tuner in Training

Cool LS7 Tuning question

I am wanting to build a LS7x with the following mods will hp tuners be able to tune it. it is goin to be in an ls1 truck and i would like to use the stock computer.
    twin turbo (16psiboost or maybe more)
    wilson sheet metal intake
    90mm throttle body
    4.250 stroker crank
    afr heads
    and a custom grind cam .600lift with no overlap
    nitrous wet shot
    cryo2 intercooler spray bar
    cry02 fuel rail
    big ol intercooler
    and big ol injectors
    would it be possible to tune a motor of this size with this program it will be a 454 ci small block in the end

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfachance
    I am wanting to build a LS7x with the following mods will hp tuners be able to tune it. it is goin to be in an ls1 truck and i would like to use the stock computer.
    twin turbo (16psiboost or maybe more)
    wilson sheet metal intake
    90mm throttle body
    4.250 stroker crank
    afr heads
    and a custom grind cam .600lift with no overlap
    nitrous wet shot
    cryo2 intercooler spray bar
    cry02 fuel rail
    big ol intercooler
    and big ol injectors
    would it be possible to tune a motor of this size with this program it will be a 454 ci small block in the end
    yeah, cant see why not...just make sure 3 bar is available & you should be fine. I think the injector settings will end up being the key to drivability though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I don't think an LS7 is compatible with an LS1/LS6 pcm.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    it might be the block is compatible with all the ls components such as intake and stuff wat would be the diff

I think there is a diff. between the crank sensors & reluctors between the LS7 & LS1/LS6 engines.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    i would imagine because they are cast differently that the sensors might be relocated as well as maybe some internals. Why the hell do you want to go that crazy anyways? You'll kill yourself. Dont forget about brakes and suspension. If you're interested, and dont want to give yourself a big headache..... I saw a listing for a 2006 Lingenfelter z06 with about 1150 hp for the price of a gallardo. $148,000, i wonder how many more they made. I live by the border of indiana and illinois so lingenfelter HQ isnt that far away.

The LS7 has a 58x reluctor ring and the LS1 etc. has a 24x reluctor ring on the crank. 05 LS2's have a 24x reluctor ring as well. 06's have a 58x reluctor.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Yeah just make sure you get the 24 reluctor and make sure the other parts like timing covers, cam sensors and knock sensors are sorted out "before" you drop all the cash on it.
    It can definitely be done, but do your research first. The LS1 PCM is more than up to the task.