Thread: v6 to v8 only firing one cylinder

Potential Tuner

v6 to v8 only firing one cylinder

Whats up everyone, Im trying to build a tune for a 2002 4.3 s10 with a 6.0 ls swap. Ive tried taking the stock ecu and doing a segment swap from a Silverado with the same os. Theres not a lot of info on the v6 to v8 swap out there and I wasn't sure if this would work. the truck only sparks on cylinder one and only fires the first 6 injectors, like its still a 4.3. Using a current performance wiring harness. all the coils have proper power and ground.

Any advise? ive got a v8 ecu I can use but I really didn't want to give it up to the customer unless I have to.
    Right now the tune has no changes other than the segment swap. just trying to get it running.
    I also have gm j2534 flashing software if needed.
    stock4.3 5.3 ss.hpt
    Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Z20efn8; 03-21-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Pretty sure you that you are going to have to flash the computer with the V8 operating system to get it to run. The segment swap isn't going to be enough.

If you have the GM flashing stuff I would find a V8 OS with the same OS that your 4.3 file has, this way you are flashing same year calibrations to avoid possible background issues. There should be plenty of 12212156 5.3 or 6.0 V8 files out there that you can pick from.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z20efn8 View Post
    Whats up everyone, Im trying to build a tune for a 2002 4.3 s10 with a 6.0 ls swap. Ive tried taking the stock ecu and doing a segment swap from a Silverado with the same os. Theres not a lot of info on the v6 to v8 swap out there and I wasn't sure if this would work. the truck only sparks on cylinder one and only fires the first 6 injectors, like its still a 4.3. Using a current performance wiring harness. all the coils have proper power and ground.

Any advise? ive got a v8 ecu I can use but I really didn't want to give it up to the customer unless I have to.
    Right now the tune has no changes other than the segment swap. just trying to get it running.
    I also have gm j2534 flashing software if needed.
    stock4.3 5.3 ss.hpt
    Thanks for any help
    Had the same issue with a L31 to 6.0L. Have to segment swap the engine and engine diagnostics. Then WRITE ALL not just the calibration.