Thread: Need help at my wits end!!

Need help at my wits end!!

Hello,
    I have had the honor of being helped in the past by some very smart and generous people here on the forum, I am reaching out to everyone for help again. I am trying to tune my 2013 ZL1 after rebuilding the engine. BBK throttle body - BAD fixed (LS3 90mm), Brisk spark plugs - BAD fixed (NGK TRX7 plugs gapped to 0.030").

I am trying to do the road part of my tune before going to the dyno to finalize everything. I got my start up and idle fixed, coast down clutch in surge or die fixed. But now My AFR reads rich but my long and short term readings are lean... My AFR reads off of the AEM AFR gauge and the long and short term readings are from the car. How can one read 20% rich and the other 20% lean...

Need help sorting this out do not want to drive car like this and risk the engine!!

Here are my last tune and log from today. Please help me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1000hp is never enough!

Your MAF table is extremely low (at least in the low Hz range) and has a bad overall curve shape. Start back with the stock MAF and tune it based on your fuel trims.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy406 View Post
    Your MAF table is extremely low (at least in the low Hz range) and has a bad overall curve shape. Start back with the stock MAF and tune it based on your fuel trims.
    Thanks for the reply!
    I have done that twice and it always brings me back to this point. I have swapped out the O2 sensors same issue after wards.
    The only thing I can think of that would cause both left and right side banks to max out the lean indication is a vacuum leak. I have checked everything on the supercharger and intake tubing a dozen times, unable to locate any thing. Anyone ever run into this issue? Could it be from the PCV system? I am using a catch can and both the connections for it are after the MAF sensor, but I thought both of those connections would be figured into the original programming. It just does not seem possible since the sensors for the car and my wideband are 4" apart on the header pipe. There must something in the tune I changed that is causing the O2 sensors to read lean...

I will try again, starting over sucks.... Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Vicster; 03-18-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    1000hp is never enough!

Found issue

Found my issue! It was in a couple of the settings in the HP Tuners charts. I erased them all and remade them from scratch.
    Info is now agreeing between wideband and O2 sensors.

Thank you for assisting me!!!
    Last edited by Vicster; 03-19-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    1000hp is never enough!

Potential Tuner
    Turn those long terms off as well. At least til youre done tuning. Save yourself a ton of chasing tail.

Cool Trying it this way for now

Quote Originally Posted by ekdream View Post
    Turn those long terms off as well. At least til youre done tuning. Save yourself a ton of chasing tail.
    Using the AEM data for a while (months, due to other issues that have been corrected) to tune the car, been chasing my tail. So I am following this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=kaRL3vSA-JI and using my AEM to verify it is going correctly. So far this is working allot more accurately for me. Since the short and long term trims will be running the car, I might as well set them up from the get go. I have gotten the short term lowered enough, I have turned off the long terms now.
    Last edited by Vicster; 03-20-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    1000hp is never enough!