Thread: 1 bar SD vs 1 bar MAF

Tuner in Training

1 bar SD vs 1 bar MAF

I still have the serial interface and want to upgrade to the usb, and also get a new OS, i have a 402 N/A and want to run an MAF. What is the diff between the 1 bar SD and the 1 bar MAF, and can you just enable the MAF in the 1 bar SD, and where does RTT fit into all this. Sent an email to HPT but didnt get any of my ?'s asked. Also after i spend the money for the RTT, new OS, and new usb EIO cable, would it just be cheaper to buy a new HPT setup?

Tuner in Training
    i dont know y i just posted this is this forum, it needs to be up one. sorry guys

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    1 bar SD deletes any secondary VE tables & adds a ve multiplyer table and with RTT you can tune the VE tables in real time. But cannot tune the maf in real time

1 bar MAF just adds RTT to the stock OS basically & you CAN tune the maf in real time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    i deff want to get rid of that secondary ve table so i should get 1 bar SD, but i want to keep my MAF, can i still us it with 1 bar SD OS?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes,...personally I bought the unlimited 1 bar OS just for that reason...gets rid of the secondary VE, adds a ve multiplier, the only downside is you can't rtt the maf, but whatever...yes you can keep the maf enabled with NO issues whatsoever though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"