Thread: Idle Issues

Tuner in Training

Thumbs down Idle Issues

To start off, I posted this awhile back with no luck.

Here is what happened:
    I tuned it but had not taken it past 4000 rpm yet. Was driving and it started to surge a bit and then at idle it started to lean out. Got it home and cannot find the issue. Under throttle it does not lean out, only at idle. I added some new parts and still cannot find it. Could someone please look at my log files and my tune and offer any suggestions? I noticed it is not recording my LTFT or my STFT. What could be causing this? Also this tune is a new tune I just finished so I have not done partial throttle tuning yet but this is currently loaded on my car.

Could the MAF sensor have gone bad?
    **EDIT** Looking back at an old log file it shows my LTFT and STFT were being logged and now they are not. This can be seen in "oldLog"

Specs:
    2013 LS3 Camaro M6 (Manual)
    Huron Speed Single Turbo kit
    95lb/hr (1000cc) FIC fuel injectors
    ZL1 Fuel Pump
    ZR1 Map Sensor
    New O2 Sensors
    No Cats
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by its-the-law-son; 02-02-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The MAF does read low when it starts going lean. It drops as low as 4-5 g/sec. Does your BOV open at an idle? Any vacuum leaks, or air leaks between the MAF and TB?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The MAF does read low when it starts going lean. It drops as low as 4-5 g/sec. Does your BOV open at an idle? Any vacuum leaks, or air leaks between the MAF and TB?
    That's a good question about the BOV.. I'll check that out. As far as vacuum or air leaks, I cant seem to find any. I'll double check that too.
    I'm also not getting any CELs.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Update for future readers--- Tried a new MAF sensor and that didn't fix it. I checked my BOV and the O-ring was broken..? idk how that happened. But I replaced it and the issue hasn't happened since. Just now having issues with getting my partial throttle tune dialed in.