Thread: 2006 TBSS 2 bar cold starts hard

Tuner in Training

2006 TBSS 2 bar cold starts hard

I've been living with a hard cold start ever since I put the turbo on my Trailblazer SS about 18 months ago. At that point it went from the stock 1 bar OS to 2 bar speed density and 80 lb injectors. It runs fine otherwise. To cold start it, I have to feather/pump the throttle quite a bit. Once it finally lights off, it runs rough for about 3 seconds then runs fine. Once in a while it will backfire through the intake when pumping the throttle(as it starts) so I'm assuming lean. It does fail the MAF as soon as I turn the key. The colder it is, the worse it is. Hot starts are ok. I've messed with the VE, cranking VE, RAF, timing, etc with no success. Hopefully I'm just missing something stupid. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

In the log, the fuel pressure transducer and wideband weren't plugged in. It has plenty of fuel pressure. Fuel is E85 w/flex fuel sensor.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1975 Vega ls/turbo, 2006 TBSS turbo daily driver

Did you half the IVT terms when you did the double stoich?

I have a slight feeling the VE having that big dip down low would be something worth trying to address.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No, I did not touch the IVT terms. After a quick search, it looks like those are off. I'll correct those and give it another shot. Thank you!
    1975 Vega ls/turbo, 2006 TBSS turbo daily driver