Thread: 2009 cadillac escalade hybrid

Potential Tuner

2009 cadillac escalade hybrid

I'm adding a stage 2 cam new intake and manifold 103 mm throttle body and a corsa exhaust system and headers and I need to tune it any recommendations ?

Don't.

You can't tune it if it is a Hybrid. This has been covered many times in the past, the hybrid trucks are out to lunch when it comes to modding.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    well I guess im returning 4900$ worth of stuff to summit racing they could have told me that.

The engine can be modded because it's just like any other 6.0 in the GEN 4 trucks but the computer is another story.

The way it was explained to me is that the engine controller is just a slave to the hybrid computer that does all the real thinking.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

This thread will help.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...hybrid+support

The used name EFI Calibrator is Greg Banish, he worked on the OEM side for many car companies.

Potential Tuner
    so would it accept the mods? or no way?

No, it will not accept the mods because it is not possible to tell the computer that you did them. It will never run correctly.

I was just saying the engine being a 6.0 can be modded, just not for this application.

Potential Tuner
    got it its a melon and keeps crapping out lifters. gonna trade it in then