Thread: Can someone explain the "patch"?

Can someone explain the "patch"?

Can someone please give me a clear explaination of what the patch does when tuning an LS2 car? Just guessing it appears to extend the range of the MAF as 11000 htrz does not seem like a large enough value on a modded motor. Is this some kind of band aid to work around the MAF scale?

I am chasing a reduced power mode problem that has only arised since a cold air box was installed on a H/C car. This car runs all day long with the stock box.

Still a bit new with the LS2's and see that they are a bit more restrictive to work with. At least there not like my LS7 pcm!

Thanks

GM had a bug in their software that caused the MAF frequency to read 0 for anything above 11,500. The patch fixes that.
    I count sheep in hex...

Chris, is this bug specific to the 05' model? Once the patch is applied, what happens to the MAF table that stops at 12200 even though the patch is labled as 15000?

What happens from 12200 to 1500 hrtz?

if the patch doesn't show up in the editor then it is not required.

the patch is related to the hardware input code, it doesn't affect the MAF table or anything else related to the MAF. Its a bugfix, not an enhancement. If the MAF freq goes above 12200 then the PCM will just hold the last value.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...