Thread: 2009 g8 GXP P0606 Tuning issue

Potential Tuner

2009 g8 GXP P0606 Tuning issue

I just had my car dyno tune and now it?s throwing a p0606 code.. is there something wrong with the tune. Please help I know nothing about hp tuners

There are more possible causeshowever on E38, I have seen P0606 more than once attributed to throttle opening rate settings being altered. That is the first place I'd look - or in your case recommend the person who loaded the calibration to look.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having this same issue with a 95 Impala SS with an '11 LY6 6.0, TSP cam, LS3 intake w/ gold TB, 05-13 Corvette pedal with an otherwise stock engine. P0606 after hard accel or WOT. I have read that it can be ground from body to cylinder head, ecm to battery ground and throttle tables. I have checked all mechanical items, current grounds were tight and even added more grounds for good measure. The dyno tuner that originally tuned it is basically throwing his hands up and being zero help. Below is some data logs I have and the most recent tune. I know just enough about these Gen 4's to be dangerous. I did try taking a stock gold blade TB section of a Corvette with a cam tune and pasting it into the current tune. It ran like crap, but did not throw a P0606 in the one drive we were able to do before the customer had to leave. Any ideas? I'm still thinking the throttle tables are the solution but I'm not capable of doing it myself with any confidence and the dyno tuner has checked out.

Patrick 95 Impala SS 1st Drive P0606 Fail.hplPatrick 95 Impala SS 1st Drive P0606 Fail 2.hplPatrick 95 Impala SS 1st Drive P0606 Fail 3.hplPatrick 95 Impala SS Corvette Mimic - No Fault - Down on Power.hplPatrick 95 Impala SS LY6 6.0 After Dyno My Changes.hptPatrick 95 Impala SS LY6 6.0 After Dyno My Changes - Cammed Corvette Mimic.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    There are more possible causeshowever on E38, I have seen P0606 more than once attributed to throttle opening rate settings being altered. That is the first place I'd look - or in your case recommend the person who loaded the calibration to look.
    Heya Mick; long time, hope you are well!

OP - This will most likely fix you; or have your tuner check it out.

I have left the rate table stock, and moved it all to 100 for these cals without causing that. What I HAVE done myself to both these, and 2010-2012 Camaros, and I'm not a gambler but I'd wager here, is accidentally copied Desired Throttle Area tables from a different year cal. For 09 G8s, there are 2 different ones for the same year here (09/09.5) It's right beside that Rate table.

It's under Engine>Airflow>Electronic Throttle>Desired Throttle Area.

Those tables need to be copied back from your/an OEM calibration and this will go away.
    Last edited by Frost; 10-29-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Right back at ya!

100% correct - that's what I meant; Throttle Area not Throttle Rate - don't rely on memory