Thread: High VE values with 2 bar setup

Tuner in Training

High VE values with 2 bar setup

Hey guys I'm starting to tune my first turbo setup. Tried using a few base maps to no luck, so bit the bullet and took my stock OS to a 2 bar, put in my deka 80 injector info, turned off MAF, LTFT/STFT. Put in a good timing table and started doing some 110KPA and lower tuning with AFR vs comm. adjustments. What I'm finding is I havent went over 3K yet and have cells over 100 to get to 14.68. Is this common? Is it something im doing different? Every file Ive viewed to compare has had what I would consider normal ve numbers, definately not over 100 until 110kpa+ area.

Setup is a stock 6.0 78/75 turbo, deka 80s.

I guess my questions would be is the injector data entered correctly, is the MAP data correct for the map sensor and is fuel pressure staying where it needs to. The fuel pressure and injector data can go hand and hand, if the deka's are rated at 43.5psi but you are using 58psi, that can throw things off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Map sensor is EFI source set up as they tell you to. Fuel pressure is factory rails/regulator at 58 psi...I bet you're right and my data set I have is incorrect. I'll post up the file and if anyone sees anything in the injector that needs changed I'd appreciate it....dont mind the goofy VE table from where I was trying to do AFR corrections until I learned something was up.blackccstock2bartry1.hpt

100% injector data is off

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Agree with above, check injector data and also try to test fuel pressure under boost! the stock rail and regulator isn't "ideal". Goodluck!

Tuner in Training
    So assumind 58psi my IFR should be 92.376 i believe. Now looking at a stock table, IFR is the same across. Should I do the same assuming I'm still running factory FPR?

I realize factory isn't ideal, but this is only a 450-500hp truck tops, just a fun DD with stuff I had laying around. Trying my hand to gently tune for boost.