Thread: Cylinder Vol. on LS2

Tuner in Training

Cylinder Vol. on LS2

I have a 2005 GTO with the factory LS2. HPT shows a Cylinder Volume of 0.70819 L. This gives a total displacement (x8) of 5.66552 L. Shouldn't this end up at 6.0 L, or 0.75 L for Cylinder Volume?

yep gm made a mistake with a few early vehicles. it's not a critical parameter and plays no part in the main fueling.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    So can I / should I change it?

Senior Tuner
    cylinder volume has to be accounted for SD calculations somewhere. if this ain't it, then where is it? if you got access to the code for fueling calcs, can't you just tell us where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    cylinder volume has to be accounted for SD calculations somewhere. if this ain't it, then where is it? if you got access to the code for fueling calcs, can't you just tell us where it is?
    it is accounted for in the VE table. like i said in my post it's not a critical parameter in the LS2 or the LS1, hence GM got it wrong and your car runs just fine...
    I count sheep in hex...

Or Right HERE on the HPT forum (pertains mostly to LS1's but the formula basically transfers)

LS2 VE values are in the *raw* format thus changing your displacement doesn't change values in the LS2 VE table.
    Always Support Our Troops!