Thread: ok cant figure this out

Tuner in Training

ok cant figure this out

ok I have a wb and at wot is runs to 11.5 but normal run its around 14.6ish need help night read add timing and no tq man added 1.195 power enrichment.hptBEST SO FAR.hpl
    Last edited by 00sierra5.3; 09-08-2019 at 07:37 PM.

So what is your question??

Where is the wideband located, before or after the cat?

I'll say this too. A commanded value is just that, a commanded value. You must make the computer reach that commanded value through the airflow tables. Those being the MAF and VE tables. If you command an AFR of 12.33 but see 11.5 on the wideband, you have to remove ("air") fuel from the MAF/VE to get you there. If it's rich, you'd remove fuel from the MAF/VE in the correct area's and vise versa if it was lean, you'd add fuel.

I can't see what the commanded AFR is because you aren't logging it and I can't see the real AFR from your wideband because that is not being logged either. You must also take into account that if you have COT (cat over temp) active that that table can kick in and richen the air fuel ratio up over what the PE's EQ ratio is asking for.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    the afr is after the cats but I don't have cats anymore
    and the com afr is set at 14.68

Tuner in Training
    so id lower the maf hz from 3k up

The commanded AFR may be 14.68 for stoich but you still have your power enrichment table called EQ ratio that is requesting a richer AFR than stoich (14.68) when needed.

That is why the AFR is dropping, because it needs too drop to keep fueling safe.

Like I said, you are not logging the commaned AFR in your logs so you can't see when it's switching to power enrichment. Your power enrichment settings are 80-95% throttle, map KPA above 55kpa and an rpm delay of 4,000. Then the PE EQ ratio is 1.190. So 14.68/1.190 = 12.33 afr in PE.

Ideally you'd have a graph showing where the AFR is going richer than commanded, then that area would match a spot in the MAF or VE tables where fuel can be added or removed as needed. So you'd want to see where the MAF Hz range is when it starts to get richer than commanded and remove a small amount of fuel to lean it up. I'm talking baby steps of 1-3% at a time for a given area. Flash the change and do another run, see how much closer it gets to the commanded AFR on 12.33 for power enrichment.

This stuff takes time to learn, lots a reading and watching video's goes a long way.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok so I did -3on the maf and ve and added 4*spark and its at 12.6-12.8 at wot that's what my afr says btw its a stand alone afr I don't have the mpvi2 pro with the cable converter

The wideband can still be logged, it just takes a different way to get it into the logs through a 5v reference circuit on the computer.

Remember what I tried to say before. Commanded and actual still need to match, that is the objective. So if you took that much fuel away, you ended up being leaner than commanded.

Your commanded is only 12.33 but now you say it's 12.6-12.8 on the wideband in the exhaust, meaning you took away too much fuel. Make it so that the wideband is reading 12.3-12.4 like you are asking it too. Then you can change the commanded power enrichment Eq ratio to a different value and see if the fueling follows. If you go from 1.190 down to 1.175 (12.5 AFR), the wideband should show right around 12.5-12.6 like you ask, showing that fueling is pretty close.

Tuner in Training
    ok so one more question how accrate is the tourq on the scanner

Sorta kinda accurate, don't take everything it says to heart.

Tuner in Training
    ok I have 400,000 miles on my motor and its putting out 311 right now