Thread: E38 Indexed FPR

Tuner

E38 Indexed FPR

It's been a long time, since I had time to mess with the car. Ever since I switched to FIC 2150s, I've had hot start issues. The last time I was on here, I was told to re-do my tables. I just did and appreciate the help. The car starts and idles fine now. I still have a broken transmission, so I can't do the rest of the tuning.
    However, I wanted to review to see if I remember the tuning rules for those of us on an e38 using an indexed Fuel Pressure Regulator.
    1. Fuel Sys -> Fuel Press -> Desired FP -> (all set to 400 kPa)
    2. Using FIC's spreadsheet, take/interpolate the flow rate closest to 400 kPa (~256) and 1/2 it. Since 127 is the IFR max, that's close enough
    3. Double stoich (it's max is like 31.xx, but doubling still fits within this limit)
    4. 1/2 AFR Term (and since AFR^2 is zero, do nothing there)

Now, here's where I'm lost. I end up having to change the IFR to ~103.0 to get normal lambdas. Why?

12308 (Inj Offset vs. Volts vs. MAP) are values provided by FIC. I want to say that someone once told me (similar to #2 above), that I just interpolate the values for 400 (between 388 and 408 kPa) and use that number (by voltage) across my entire table. Yes? Does it matter (since the lookup should already do this automatically)

Mods:
    2010 Camaro 6.6 LS3 (LS2 iron), single 76 BB turbo, FIC 2150, FF (and running e85), twin pumps with FPR, BBK 102mm TB, PATC 6L80E

_good_throttle_resp.hpl2019Sep04_5_min_inj_inc.hpt

Senior Tuner
    dont zero out the offset v injector tip temp it needs to be dialed in, makeup min pulse i had odd things when too low id prob keep it at min .20, with the offset v volts v map just use the column for the rail pressure u run so if its 400kpa just copy whole 400kpa column into all other columns, also those injectors might be that flow rate at 300kpa and if ur running 400kpa they will be even bigger so best to dial back to 300kpa if u can

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    dont zero out the offset v injector tip temp it needs to be dialed in, makeup min pulse i had odd things when too low id prob keep it at min .20, with the offset v volts v map just use the column for the rail pressure u run so if its 400kpa just copy whole 400kpa column into all other columns, also those injectors might be that flow rate at 300kpa and if ur running 400kpa they will be even bigger so best to dial back to 300kpa if u can
    Thanks!